View Poll Results: How long do you plan to keep your Pre?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

70 22.01%
  • 2 years

75 23.58%
  • Only as long as I have to

14 4.40%
  • Until the next greatest phone comes out

113 35.53%
  • FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

22 6.92%
  • Other

24 7.55%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    im very smart to switch to roam only when it low signal area
    Honestly, I haven't tried this. I got my replacement Pre last week and, miraculously, something is wrong with it. My older Pre always had at least two bars so the whole switching to roaming thing was never a problem. But my "new" phone is almost always with only one bar, and about 20% of that time it has no bars. Not roaming, not with the 1x symbol, just no bars. Go figure.

ur probably not gonna get anything better in a battery kind of way with the hero either
    According to some reviews I've read (just about all of them), the battery life is better on the Hero.

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    Honestly, I haven't tried this. I got my replacement Pre last week and, miraculously, something is wrong with it. My older Pre always had at least two bars so the whole switching to roaming thing was never a problem. But my "new" phone is almost always with only one bar, and about 20% of that time it has no bars. Not roaming, not with the 1x symbol, just no bars. Go figure.

According to some reviews I've read (just about all of them), the battery life is better on the Hero.
    in my opinion reviews are b.s. Until you urself test it out...that's just me so good luck
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

in my opinion reviews are b.s. Until you urself test it out...that's just me so good luck
    Very true. Battery life is something that is always going to be different to different users.

In all honesty, I'd love to stay with WebOS. It's a very elegant and impressive OS. But it still feels very much like it's stuck "Beta" phase. The Android platform as a whole is incredible tempting. I'm going to try to switch phones and, if I'm not too impressed by the Hero, I'll just switch back to the Pre.

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I'm waiting until I can get the Pre2 at a reasonable price, i.e. when my contract is up (2 years). In the mean time, I'm counting on the hardware to hold up and on Palm's updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Sprint changed the qualifications for Sprint Premiere. If you have a Pre then you have Premiere (by virtue of an Everything Plan). No need to wait for next year to qualify, unless in some very rare situation you are not on an Everything plan of some type.
    Ah, thanks! That's good to know. I sure pay enough for the Everything plan, so it is nice that that makes me Premiere status.

Still, though, I love my Pre, so unless there is a significant hardware difference in a Pre 2 (i.e. removable storage), I'll stick with my Pre for a while.
    My contract is 2 years unless the Pre2 comes out then my Pre might have to have an accident
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    as soon as those 1ghz android phones drop I'm jumping ship. I really like webos but it seems like android is really taking off and now the hardware is matching the the iphone/pre levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    as soon as those 1ghz android phones drop I'm jumping ship. I really like webos but it seems like android is really taking off and now the hardware is matching the the iphone/pre levels.
    True but the multi-tasking is nowhere near as fluid as it is on WebOS. If Android 2.0 fixes this, then I might just have to consider jumping ship as well.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    waiting till the next WebOS generation (not even talking about the Pixi)
    Just waiting to see if the Pre lives up to its name. I'm hoping so.
    I love WebOs. It is a operating system that has tons of potential. I switched over the the Hero on the 9th. I feel it is just a more polished plaform right now. I still have my Pre just in case tho. I am looking forward to see what Palm does in the future. But I have a phone obsession so I normally get "several" new phones a year. As far as for switching and why I think everyone should make the decision for themselves to ensure their money is well spent.
    im sucked into webOS too much to leave palm. if i really had to i would say an android phone within a year. there building up alot of momentum. but hopefully palm makes a nice upgrade to the pre and thats what i will have if/when it comes out
    My vote is kind of a combo of 1 year and "until next greatest phone" As I will only upgrade if I can get the subsidized price, and the phone is awesome. Before Pre announcement I was waiting on an Android phone on Sprint. But once Palm announced the Pre I was on the WebOS train carrying my Palm Treo 700wx waiting for Pre to arrive.
    As long as I can. I don't want to buy any more accessories.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I can get a new phone every year, but I have to say, this is the most that I have liked a phone this far after getting it. So, I say right now, it will be 2 years, but, if a new great phone comes out, I may be replacing this baby (maybe another webos phone?), but not the pixi
    I love webOS but the sluggishness forced me to go to the Hero.

After using the Hero I am disappointed with it. no IMAP IDLE, web browser sux and slow, multitasking is suspect and a pain to switch between apps (yes i have task manager), suspect HTML email support, WiFi radio is weak, and a few other things. Although it is much smoother and many more apps, the Hero would be nothing without HTC's massive addons. IMO.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    I love WebOs. It is a operating system that has tons of potential. I switched over the the Hero on the 9th. I feel it is just a more polished plaform right now. I still have my Pre just in case tho. I am looking forward to see what Palm does in the future. But I have a phone obsession so I normally get "several" new phones a year. As far as for switching and why I think everyone should make the decision for themselves to ensure their money is well spent.
    Did you have to pay full price to switch to the Hero??
    when an arm9 or similar phone on an "open" (practically speaking not in legal terms) platform running epocrates and other software I require (emulator or not) comes out and runs an OS that takes advantage of dual core multitasking and gpu acceleration I will bite, three to five months after its release when prices drop.

the way I see it I will probably be running webOS or maemo6 with garnet. Android dosn't impress me right now. I prefer webOS to maemo to android/winmo with the iphone being last.

lots can change though obviously but until then it isn't worth my time and money every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Kady View Post
    Did you have to pay full price to switch to the Hero??
    yep. since i only had the Pre since opening day. if i waited a few months i could have cut the price in half.
    I'm keeping my pre until I find a phone that I like better. Hopefully I'll be dual booting Android sometime in tthe near future, so maybe I won't upgrade. But OLED and those Snapdragon processors make me pretty excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast