View Poll Results: How long do you plan to keep your Pre?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

70 22.01%
  • 2 years

75 23.58%
  • Only as long as I have to

14 4.40%
  • Until the next greatest phone comes out

113 35.53%
  • FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

22 6.92%
  • Other

24 7.55%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    Other... until the next Pre comes out. That prob should have been an option.
    other till the next version comes out (this should of been an option on the poll?)
    At least two years. Or if Sprint gives me a $100 upgrade option in the middle of my contract. Hopefully WebOS can compete. two years from now is a long time in tech time.

It will also depend on how the cell rates go. I'm happy with sprint for the most part, but 2yrs from now, LTE will be rolling. I don't see WiMax competing at all very well against Verizon and ATT... and likely TMobile.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I'm going to keep mine until the next greatest thing comes out (when I'm upgrade eligible of course). I have learned something with the pre that I should have learned long ago. If I want a phone, I should get the best one at the time with all the features I want already included, or built in. I absolutely love WebOS, but I realized how much I missed having the video recording & text forwarding. I'm kinda skeptical about adding homebrew to my pre since I read how it may mess with my alarm clock feature on it. I use it as my alarm & its extremely important to me in terms of reliability. So far, so good with that feature. When it comes time for me to upgrade, I'll choose the best device that already includes the features I want. Any additions after that via updates will be pure bonuses.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    until a phone i consider to be better comes out.
    I played with the HTC Hero at a Sprint store and I am SERIOUSLY interested in getting it. As soon as I can find a reasonable way to "trade" my Pre in for the Hero, (wish there was a way of trading-in one phone for another and just paying the difference...) I will. The Pre is nice and all, but the battery life is key for me and, in terms of the Pre, it fails! I mean, I have my phone charging when I'm at home, in the car, even sometimes at work, and it still manages to die before the end of the day. Sure, I use my phone a lot, but I still expect something this "revolutionary" to keep up with me (my old iPhone always did).

So I guess my answer is: I plan on keeping the Pre for as little as possible.
    Last edited by Dtom2444; 10/18/2009 at 11:19 AM.

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Are you still using the stock battery?
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Ill prolly be switching to something like the leo, when winmo7 comes out.
    I'm very jealous of all of you guys. I don't have a Pre yet, still rocking the iPhone until Pre2 comes out. It's mostly due to being bound to a T-mobile contract than anything. By the time that finishes, Pre2 should be out and I'd be the first one to jump on board.
    I'll keep it for a year (I got it on release day). Hopefully by that time there will be an even better WebOS phone out. I don't think I can give up WebOS, unless Android (or WinMo 7) has something interesting by that time. If there isn't anything good then I'll just keep the Pre until there is.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    I played with the HTC Hero at a Sprint store and I am SERIOUSLY interested in getting it. As soon as I can find a reasonable way to "trade" my Pre in for the Hero, (wish there was a way of trading-in one phone for another and just paying the difference...) I will. The Pre is nice and all, but the battery life is key for me and, in terms of the Pre, it fails! I mean, I have my phone charging when I'm at home, in the car, even sometimes at work, and it still manages to die before the end of the day. Sure, I use my phone a lot, but I still expect something this "revolutionary" to keep up with me (my old iPhone always did).

So what makes you think the hero,s battery is any better?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I usually upgrade every 2 years with my contract so that's what I've chosen, however if at that point there still isn't a nicer webos based phone chances are I'll wait and hold on to the pre.
    i plan on keeping mine till the next gen pre comes out (only if really worth it)
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post

umm dont know how u do that...but i charge my phone as much as u say u do....and since the pre came out on june 6th...my battery has died only once....im very smart to switch to roam only when it low signal area....have wifi on as much as possible with nodoze keeping it on...my battery has only died once since june6th ill repeat that again...ur probably not gonna get anything better in a battery kind of way with the hero either
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Not until I can get a Pre2 or other best-of-breed at the time on Sprint for the new user price, or until my 2 years are up.
    me: about 3 days unless it stops crashing/resetting itself.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    There are really only 2 things that, to me, need improvement on the Pre and those are:

-Hardware, i.e. loose slider -- I don't think I'll ever get used to the way it feels.
    -Short battery life.

So, if a phone were to come out tomorrow that has everything the Pre has PLUS solves the two issues above, I would probably switch.
    Other...because I will go when a better phone comes out, and I don't have to wait for my contract to expire
    Unitl Pre 2 comes out!!! but gotta say, was a challange in the beginning thought I made the wrong chose..BUT... so far i love it, i just wish Sprint would spend a few extra dollars and upgrade their towers
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I love my Pre. I don't have battery issues others speak of. So I guess I will keep it until (?) If it falls apart, I have it insured and will replace it. If Palm comes out with a new version of Pre then maybe. Technology is always changing, but I would at least like to use the phone and accessories until everything is worn out. If I do change I would like to bring any apps with me, so my new phone will hopefully have that option.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Until I can't stand not having a Droid anymore, probably.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast