View Poll Results: How long do you plan to keep your Pre?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

70 22.01%
  • 2 years

75 23.58%
  • Only as long as I have to

14 4.40%
  • Until the next greatest phone comes out

113 35.53%
  • FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

22 6.92%
  • Other

24 7.55%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    one year. then i'll probably decide between the next webos device and the newest android....and some android features are looking nice right now. come on palm....
    at least until a better Pre comes down the pipe! this phone rocks!
    until the htc leo comes out
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    one year. then i'll probably decide between the next webos device and the newest android....and some android features are looking nice right now. come on palm....
    And that in a nutshell is the problem. The Hero looks pretty sweet as is. As much as I love the pre this is still beta as far as I'm concerned.

Not that I'm gonna drop this absent a complete meltdown of the Pre. What I do take solace in is that Palm is listening. Battery is finally getting to where it should be. Hopefully by spring next year this time of using the Pre will be a distant troubled memory.

Oh also with a Pre2 with 32gb of storage.

Wha, a person can dream.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    If business features don't improve or batter life I'm dumping this phone like the Centro and getting the Hero or Samsung Moment!!!! Look out Android...I might be jumping this ship an hopping on yours!!!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm thinking until the Pixi comes out :P

I'm lovin' the Pre but not for the device itself, mostly for the OS...although it is a sexy beast, haha.

So I think the form factor of the Pixi will be enough for me to not care about the Wifi nonsense...
    I was so excited about the pre. Palm couldn't fine a better Palm Pre advocate than myself. But after seeing so many of the short comings and neglects of this phone I am not that excited anymore. I'd by and I phone if sprint had one. And I'm an oldschool palmeer.

I'll probably keep it for "two years", only because im in contract. I guess this also counts as "as long as I have to".
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    At this point I'm thinking one year, but it really depends on what's available next June. I love the Pre but as many people have said there are a lot of improvements to be made and if Palm can build upon this phone for the next version, hopefully out next summer, then I'll be happy to continue on the webOS ten year plan! If not, then like a few people here, I'd be determined to switch to something like Android. My plan is to stick with palm though, I got the touchstone as well, hoping that will still be with me for future Palm phones!!!
    I love my phone, and will keep it till it starts failing. I will probably have to upgrade when the years up though on 6-6-10 (if they have the pre 2) so that I can give my oldest the new pre, and give my middle son his old pre.

confused?
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I'll keep it until something better comes out. Like others have said, Android seems to be moving pretty fast, just not there yet.

For now the Pre is great and if Pre v2 really improves upon the current device then that's probably what I'll do. But I have no loyalty to any brand or product, so we'll see. Multi-tasking is huge and I'm sure the top contenders will be doing this soon enough, so it looks good for the consumer in the smartphone market.
    Last edited by vizi; 10/17/2009 at 02:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I changed Treos every 2 years or so. I imagine I will do the same with my Pre -- assuming Palm is around in 2 years and the next iteration is worth it. I'm counting on a permanent change in Palm culture that will keep it on the cutting edge of OS as well as handset development.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I will probably upgrade to the new pre version only if it has significant hardware changes. If not I'll keep this one.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Kady View Post
    Just out of curiosity. I'm a total phone/technology geek and I usually go through a phone a year. How about you guys?

If you chose "other", please specify.
    Im def like u... I'm really hoping for the Pre "2" to drop next year...
    Thankfully Im on a Premier account which gives the max discount yearly...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    In the past, I've had trouble keeping a phone for longer than 6 months. I had a Touch Pro before the Pre, bought near launch day and I said "I will be keeping this for a while." But then the Pre was announced...

I'd like to keep it for 1+ years, and since it's a completely new OS and things seem to be progressing well for the platform so far, it may even be possible.
    Seeing as upgrades are every two years right now (though if a Premiere Member is a ten-year-long customer like I read somewhere a while back, I'll be one next year) and I bought mine before I was eligible for an upgrade (so it cost over $400 plus the price of the three Touchstones I have; but it was sooooo worth getting the Pre on launch day over waiting until this month to get it!), it definitely won't be next year even if Palm comes out with a second-generation Pre then! (I'll be sad, but I'm not going to bury this phone that quickly.) I do not like the Pixi's non-sliding keyboard or lack of WiFi and such, so would not get that.

I love my Pre and I love Web OS.
    Last edited by Bag of Leaves; 10/18/2009 at 02:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    Seeing as upgrades are every two years right now (though if a Premiere Member is a ten-year-long customer like I read somewhere a while back, I'll be one next year) ......
    Sprint changed the qualifications for Sprint Premiere. If you have a Pre then you have Premiere (by virtue of an Everything Plan). No need to wait for next year to qualify, unless in some very rare situation you are not on an Everything plan of some type.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I use both a Hero and a Pre so i cant see myself jumping either ship any time soon,both awesome phone. will probably keep the android/webos double team for years to come so the only way im dumping my pre is when a new and better webos phone comes out
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Sprint changed the qualifications for Sprint Premiere. If you have a Pre then you have Premiere (by virtue of an Everything Plan). No need to wait for next year to qualify, unless in some very rare situation you are not on an Everything plan of some type.
    Sweet!! I was wondering about the requirements of the Sprint Premier Program.
    once a year or so
    LIETUVA
    I just got my Pre a few days ago and I love it. I had a Touch Pro and a Diamond, but had a few issues with both so now I ma a Pre girl

I am going to keep mine until January when my rebate comes up. Depending on whats out and my experience over the next couple months I will either keep the Pre or upgrade. As of now I am very happy keeping the Pre though.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast