Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    So I have had the Pre for a little over a week now and everything has been going smoothly - had no crashes, battery life is great, reception is fine, etc.

Just a few hours ago the phone started becoming very hot to the touch all over, especially on the lower backside area (so below where the battery would be). The battery is not hot, however.

Any explanation as to why this might be happening? I'm not in an area that has any reception issues, and i've already tried to take out the battery, and also tried the orange+syb+r reset.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    what did you do when it started doing this or what apps did you have opened or what was the most recent app downloaded or patch installed? these are the things you should look at . it sounds like something is using alot of power ,like a power leak or something
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I've had this happen once. It's almost like it starts thinking too hard. I re-booted my phone, and it has not done it again since (a couple months now). I've read where this has happened to others too, but there doesn't seem to be a reason why it happens. I'd try re-booting when you see that happening. I bet you'll notice the battery charge going south real fast too while it's hot.
    I had a similar problem and ultimately my phone had to be replaced. Try putting it into airplane mode to see if that helps isolate the problem being a radio. You could also Doctor the phone in case some software is sending some crazy signal (this wasn't an option when I had the problem).
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    yes it started to happen after i loaded the app catalog... it was slow and then everything started to heat up...

is there a way to fix this without homebrewing and installing fair dinkum?
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoeii View Post
    yes it started to happen after i loaded the app catalog... it was slow and then everything started to heat up...

is there a way to fix this without homebrewing and installing fair dinkum?
    not that i know of there isnt , fair dinkum is the only thing i know of . im sure that sprint is fixing the problem now but you would have to wait for the update coming by the end of next month .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I had WiFi get stuck "on" one time. Drained the battery and made the phone heat up. A reboot didn't help, but pulling the battery (after shutting down) fixed it. I think that's the only way to really shut the chips down.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Did your girlfriend come over?