Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Awesome update!! I love the Feed Manager function and I put woot.com at the top. Thank you for all the great work as well as keepin us updated on what you are working on.
  2.    #102  
    Thanks Fraz. I am almost done with 1.1 already, and this new update brings quite a few requested features to Dealert.

I expect to be finished by mid next week, so you should have even another update within week or two. I'll post the changelog once I finish and submit the update.

As always, keep the feedback coming!
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    I keep getting an "error getting feed" message.
  4.    #104  
    Hey Dealert users, Dealert v1.2.0 is almost finished! I am applying the finishing touches to it right now. I should be able to submit to Palm before the end of the week.

Once submitted, I will post the full changelog here.

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up.

Thanks!
    Developer of:

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Do you have a website for Dealert?
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by willwnet View Post
    Do you have a website for Dealert?
    Not yet, but I do have a video of the app in action. Check it out (the link is in my signature).

Let me know what you think!
    Developer of:

awesome, i love deal sites. I gotta check your app out.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Not yet, but I do have a video of the app in action. Check it out (the link is in my signature).

Let me know what you think!
    Just checked out the video - the app looks very slick!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    God I love this app. I can't live without it.
    In a perfect world, it would also have a desktop companion.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by socoot1 View Post
    God I love this app. I can't live without it.
    In a perfect world, it would also have a desktop companion.
    Haha, I have been thinking about doing a desktop version of Dealert, but I have been too busy churning out new features for 1.2 of Dealert on webOS.

Give me about 4 more days to polish up this new release, and then I'll submit it to the app catalog for you all to enjoy.
    Developer of:

I use this app a lot, but something that I wish could be fixed is that sometimes I get reminder more than once for the sam deals that I've already seen and cleared. Anyway this can be prevented?

Give me about 4 more days to polish up this new release, and then I'll submit it to the app catalog for you all to enjoy.
    four more days is...wait....the 25th!
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I use this app a lot, but something that I wish could be fixed is that sometimes I get reminder more than once for the sam deals that I've already seen and cleared. Anyway this can be prevented?
    Well, the thing is, if you leave those deals in Dealerts list, it won't re-notify you. The problem with 1.1 is, you never know when to clear the deals since you don't know when they disappear off of the feeds.

1.2 tries to solve that problem by auto-clearing "read" Dealerts from the list every X amount of days (where X is your preference). By default, any Dealert will be cleared out when it is 3 days old and is marked as "read."). So now, you won't have to clear any deals manually. Just mark them as read, and the app will do the cleanup for you.

In 1.1, there is no "read/unread" status, so you now know a new feature of 1.2
    Developer of:

yo kev, does your app work with groceries/grocery stores?
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    yo kev, does your app work with groceries/grocery stores?
    A lot of the feeds are user-driven, and I have found a lot of "Meijer" (my grocery store) coupons/deals with it. Most large-chain stores pop-up on Dealert quite often. If you use a local grocer only, you might be out of luck.
    Developer of:

A lot of the feeds are user-driven, and I have found a lot of "Meijer" (my grocery store) coupons/deals with it. Most large-chain stores pop-up on Dealert quite often. If you use a local grocer only, you might be out of luck.
    ah, okay, yeah I was mostly looking for safeway/kroger/albertsons, etc.
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    ah, okay, yeah I was mostly looking for safeway/kroger/albertsons, etc.
    I have actually seen all 3 on Dealert before.
    Developer of:

awesome. i shall be purchasing your app then
  19.    #119  
    Thanks! Please let me know how you like it.
    Developer of:

20.    #120  
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I submitted Dealert v1.2 to the App Catalog.

Dealert v1.2 Changelog

• Feature: "Products Found" screen has been completely revamped. New items now show at the top, you can set read/unread status, and UI has been improved.
    • Feature: "Read" Dealerts will now auto-delete after a configurable amount of days.
    • Feature: You may now turn off notifications while refreshing feeds manually.
    • New Sites: DODTracker.com, eDealinfo.com
    • Enhancement: Title bar now remains visible when scrolling through deals lists.
    • Bug: Dashboard notification will no longer display if a product is found while the card is minimized.
    • Bug: Device will no longer crash when the Feed Manager database is reset.
    • Bug: Disabling background product tracking now clears out any remaning queued set times to update.
    • Bug: Dealert will no longer check for matches in the background if there are no products in the tracking list.

The update should be out within a few days. I hope you enjoy it!
    Developer of:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast