Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    This is simply the best app for the Pre bar none. It is also the first app I have ever paid for. Keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Edlex, don't get too discouraged. While I cannot gaurantee all of the sites are legitament, all of the sites I link to are relatively well-known for their accuracy and legitamacy. I hand-pick the sites specifically for this reason. During develoment of Dealert, I had over 40 "Dealerts" and purchased each product and had no issues whatsoever with pricing/shipping.

In future updates, there will be a lot more sites and a lot of management around them. You will be able to choose from sites you feel are more legit than other. I do plan on doing more stores like Amazon, Best Buy, etc.

If you still want the features of this app, you could either buy it now and check out what you like and provide feedback or wait until I roll out some updates with new sites.

Thanks man.
    Thank you for your response Kev. Good enough for me. Yours will be the first app I buy. Most of all I'm buying it because of how connected you are to us in the forum, I really appreciate that.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Woot's up to something actually..

Hey diomark,
    You may have heard that we're working on a new community-sourced deals site called Deals.Woot. You heard right. And now we're expanding the beta test to include you purple-box wooters who've bought more than 50 woots. It's a big departure from our other Woot sites, so you'll want to scan over the email we sent out to the black box wooters to figure out what's going on. Then click over to deals.woot.com and check it out for yourself.
    --
    Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:59 PM
    To: Black Box Wooters
    Subject: Thanks for testing the Deals.Woot private beta
    Dear Black Box Wooter,
    As if you hadn't already done enough buying more than 100 woots from us, you've really done it now. We're writing to thank you for supporting the Deals.Woot private beta. If there were a Woot-supporter superhero contest, you'd definitely be in the running.
    So if you hadn't figured it out, Deals.Woot is an internet deal platform connecting the Woot community to non-Woot offerings. Members and Woot staff can add deals they've found from any store on the internet. Voting, restricted to members with previous Woot purchases on their accounts, will generate a community-ranked flow of popular deals. As that deal database grows, we believe searches on Deals.Woot will become a compelling way to shop, for particular items and general bargain opportunities alike. We'll offer some tutorials and guides to the other features as we get closer to public launch.

As a few have expressed, this is perhaps less exciting than a Woot marketplace with a single-checkout feature or account data sharing. While the longer-term prospects of a more connected Woot marketplace are indeed tantalizing, for now we're very focused on the immediate adjustments and messaging improvements for this current Deals.Woot phase. Over the next few weeks, we will continue to cycle through site fixes and expanding releases to other Wooters. With each cycle, we'll have a better-tuned, more active site that presents visitors with more (and more engaging) content. On deck now are the purple-box wooters. We'll include you in their welcome email so that you can join in their observations of the site with us. While they lack your Woot purchasing experience, they bring numbers – beta will expand by 8,000 invitees.
    You can also follow along to beta announcements in more detail on Twitter at:
    Deals.Woot (wootdeals) on Twitter
    Deals.Woot Beta site (requires account log in):
    http://deals.woot.com
    Thanks again for taking the time to be a Deals.Woot beta tester.
    Matt Rutledge, aka Snapster
    Founder, CEO
    Woot Inc.
    Would be nice to add support for this. Looks like it's going to require logins though.
    -mark
    Can you add certain stores such as Nordstroms.com, etc as a source of the finder to periodically check for price declines/sales or is it only for the sites you listed on in your screen shots?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Woot's up to something actually..

Would be nice to add support for this. Looks like it's going to require logins though.
    -mark
    That is very interesting. I will definitely look into this when it launches. Thanks for the heads up!
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Congrats. Gota check it out.
    does this allow us to add shops to monitor?
    I wish I could Flag deals and be able to view them under my Favorites with their full description. Also, a send SMS option would be nice.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    does this allow us to add shops to monitor?
    Not yet. However, I do have a feature where you can request new sites to be added. I plan to include about 3-5 new sites recommended by the community in every update.
    Developer of:

10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I wish I could Flag deals and be able to view them under my Favorites with their full description. Also, a send SMS option would be nice.
    SMS support will be coming soon. The flagged idea is also a good. I will look into this.
    Developer of:

Techbargains and Planetbargains are also really good sites as well.
  12.    #92  
    Yeah, I have had a few requests for techbargains. I'll definitely add it.
    Developer of:

13.    #93  
    Just a quick update on how the first update is going. I have finished the feed manager, so you can now re-order and turn specific feeds on and off. Also, Woot and Dealcatcher were added. I am looking to add one more site, but I am sorting through the massive amount of feedback that I received as far as new sites go. Thanks everyone for the support!
    Developer of:

14.    #94  
    Techbargains has also been added. I will patch up this update and submit to Palm. Should be a few days until you guys have a feed manager and Woot, Dealcatcher, and Techbargains!
    Developer of:

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Techbargains has also been added. I will patch up this update and submit to Palm. Should be a few days until you guys have a feed manager and Woot, Dealcatcher, and Techbargains!
    Awesome, this application is excellent.

I just sent this as feedback but I think you should include the ability to add deal trackers on the tracking list page. My .02.
  16.    #96  
    Thanks Tib. I have had a few requests for that actually. I wanted to make sure to get this first update out as the majority of feedback I received was to add more sites. That issue was addressed in this upcoming update and the ability to manage the feeds.
    Developer of:

thanks for your hard work!
  18.    #98  
    Thanks Bulls!

Quick update: The update is now complete and I will be sending to Palm for review. Expect it up within a week!

Keep the feedback coming.
    Developer of:

I bought your app. That and Zombie Invasion. Can't beat both of those for only $3!! I wish you could somehow get Palm to give you APIs for the camera, tho. I'd give $20 to have a barcode scanner integrated into your app to have one, solid shopping app. That would almost be too much for me to handle.

Anyway, whole point of this post was to ask how exactly updates work with WebOS apps. We don't get free updates for life, right? Or do we? Will Palm really store all versions of devs' apps so that when I have to restart, I can go back to that exact version without having to pay again? I've been wondering how that works. iTunes or Android Market don't save your bought apps do they?? Or am I mistaken? Sorry to kinda hijack the thread... but I thought that my favorite WebOS developer wouldn't mind giving me a little help.

Can't wait to buy some more apps from you once you're [temporarily] done tweaking with Dealerts. Keep up the great work!
  20.    #100  
    I had Palm reject my previous submission because I wanted to include more updates in the first update.

The official changelog for the new update is as follows...

• Feature: Feed Manager added. You can now turn on/off and re-order your feeds.
    • New Sites: Woot.com, Dealcatcher.com, and Techbargains.com.
    • Enhancement: Background product checking uses a lot less memory and power consumption.
    • Feature: When minimized, Dealert will notify you when it is done refreshing all feeds.
    • Bug: Fixed a few memory leaks.

This update has been submitted and is in review.

Grndslm, all updates after your initial purchase are free! =)
    Developer of:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast