Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Some of you actually want a trial for a 1.99 app?

This is the price range of throw away apps. Not saying this one is. It actually sounds pretty good. But he'll lose sales to those buying trials and that never convert to paid. Combine the facts that few apps don't get used more than a couple days along with about only 7% of trial apps ever get converted to paid for by users, and it really doesn't make sense to do it.

If you can't really judge a low priced app by screenshots, reviews and the dev's detailed description, then perhaps you need a reality check. How much more research would you want to give a 1.99 purchase? The fact he's responding to feedback is golden IMO.
    Congrats.. looking good
  3.    #43  
    Thanks cardfan, appreciate the support.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    this looks like a great app! Thank you very much for contributing the the WebOS community. People always compare this platform with iPhone and Android.... IMO most of their apps are worthless. Thank you for submitting one that actually will help people.

Edit: do you plan on supporting (or do you) ebay?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I would love to download it but unfortunately I am full. Hopefull devs put enough pressure on Palm to fix/change this situation.

your app looks great. Congrats!
    I love this app! Now, keep in mind that we are gonna need a "Black Friday" section soon
    I'm totally digging the newegg feed, **** yeah!
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by punkndrublic74 View Post
    I'm totally digging the newegg feed, **** yeah!
    Haha, indeed. Newegg is awesome.
    Developer of:

Congratulations!! I am definitely going to consider a purchase on this, I love me some shopping
    Sounds great but are you planning on adding support for non-US users, e.g. adding German deal tracking sites/feeds?
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Jens View Post
    Sounds great but are you planning on adding support for non-US users, e.g. adding German deal tracking sites/feeds?
    I am definitely not against the idea of porting this to the German market, but I don't know any German myself and have no idea what good German deal sites are out there.

I would need a translation for all UI text and a list of German deal sites to be able to port this correctly. =(
    Developer of:

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    If you can't really judge a low priced app by screenshots, reviews and the dev's detailed description, then perhaps you need a reality check. How much more research would you want to give a 1.99 purchase? The fact he's responding to feedback is golden IMO.
    I always use Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network as an example here. Microsoft and Sony sell games for around $10-$15 on each system. I've purchased PSN games without demos based on the positive word of mouth of others and reviews only to find that I absolutely HATED them. I don't have that problem on Xbox Live which offers demos for EVERYTHING in the arcade.

Now $1.99 isn't $10, but it all adds up. I wound up purchasing Dealert based on the positive reviews and the fact that kev is actively addressing people's questions and suggestions, and I'm glad he's working on a video overview which will definitely be helpful. But don't discount the importance of a demo, particularly once you get to higher pricepoints that we're already seeing in the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I saved myself $10 today on the notification that Dealert gave me on an item I had it tracking for me. So, in my opinion, the app has already paid for itself. Thanks for one of the most genuinely useful apps in the store!
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I was having a good argument with a friend who owns iPhone about the quality of WebOs apps.

To my surprise I did not find any such APP in iStore.
    I searched thru 200 plus apps with a search term "DEAL".
    I repeated the search with "DEALS". Still no luck.

thanks Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I was having a good argument with a friend who owns iPhone about the quality of WebOs apps.

thanks Kevin
    I noticed it too. The search function doesn't find the app.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post

thanks Kevin
    Haha, yeah. The one thing you can say about Dealert is that it simply cannot be done on the iPhone in its current form. Dealert really uses background processes and dashboard notifications to give a good user experience, and without these, it would just be a simple deal aggregater. I really want webOS to deal well, so with any app I create, I will make sure to exploit webOS features that really make the app and platform shine.
    Developer of:

Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Haha, yeah. The one thing you can say about Dealert is that it simply cannot be done on the iPhone in its current form. Dealert really uses background processes and dashboard notifications to give a good user experience, and without these, it would just be a simple deal aggregater. I really want webOS to deal well, so with any app I create, I will make sure to exploit webOS features that really make the app and platform shine.
    Sounds like we need a few more out of you. What else you got in the hopper?
  18.    #58  
    Haha, i've got some other ideas I am toying around with. I want to wait and see how succussful Dealert is before I put a lot of effort int a new app.
    Developer of:

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I purchased this app and love it. I would love to see Woot in this, also a way to arrange the list by Favs. Such as newegg 1st, slickdeals 2nd, fatwallet 3rd ect..
    Good,useful app. Congratulations.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast