Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Thanks guys. TheMarco, I'll have to check out Screamager. Gotta support the webOS devs (and Palm) for this platform to be successful!
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Just bought it....very nice app. Loving the newegg.
    Congrat!

Question: how often does it check deals in the background? Does it use a lot of batteries during this operation throughout the day?
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Congrats and thank you.
    This is exactly what WebOS platform needs.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    Congrat!

Question: how often does it check deals in the background? Does it use a lot of batteries during this operation throughout the day?
    It's user-settable in the preferences menu. I designed Dealert to use the smallest amount of resources when checking in the background.

Actually, the app does not even run in the background at all times. What I do is set a timer to fire off every X amount of hours. When the timer fires (through Palm's Alarm service) Dealert opens up in the background (without bringing up a card) and checks the latest deals to see if that match any of your tracked products. It shuts down immediately after it is finished.

This way, you will barely notice a difference in battery life if you leave the setting around every 6 hours. I even kept mine on every 1 hour before (for dev/testing purposes) and did not notice a major hit in battery life at all.
    Developer of:

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Buying this app now!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Just purchased, thanks for using these forums, it is nice to see developers taking input directly from the user community.
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
  8.    #28  
    Thanks ttkk. I got your new site feedback btw. Replied to it as well. If everything checks out with, it should be added in the next update.
    Developer of:

9.    #29  
    After some initial feedback from the internal feedback system, it appears people want more sites to be added. This will be first on my priority list. I plan to include a few new sites into every new update. I am also experimenting with ways to manage these sites as more and more get added.

Stay tuned!
    Developer of:

How exact do you have to be to track specific items? For example, I am interested in the Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD, but how the product is listed/mentioned can be varied. Some sites use X25 M, some sites don't mention the G2, etc.

I am also interested in some IEMs/earbuds - should I add 3 entries for IEM, ear bud, earbud?

Also, it would be nice to have some feature to limit what you search for or categorize it. My Xbox 360 disc drive seems to be dying so I might purchase a new Xbox. I would like to be able to search for items above $100 (or by category such as gaming hardware) so I can avoid all the various deals on Xbox 360 games.
    nice stuff...good to know some apps are getting into the app catalog...now can somebody please make an app for blocking calls and text msgs
    This looks like a pretty sweet app, yo!

One question, tho... will this app ever have the REAL functionality of ShopSavvy -- scanning barcodes for instant search results?? Any reason that functionality wouldn't be possible with the Pre?

Keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    About 1 month. The process was relatively smooth, Palm was very responsive and provided good feedback for my app. Overall, I am impressed with Palm.
    congrats on the app. great to hear palm is running app development the right way.
    Is there a list of all the stores/sites available?

And also, is there a way to click a link in the app to take you to the purchase page?

Thanks!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    How exact do you have to be to track specific items? For example, I am interested in the Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD, but how the product is listed/mentioned can be varied. Some sites use X25 M, some sites don't mention the G2, etc.

I am also interested in some IEMs/earbuds - should I add 3 entries for IEM, ear bud, earbud?

Also, it would be nice to have some feature to limit what you search for or categorize it. My Xbox 360 disc drive seems to be dying so I might purchase a new Xbox. I would like to be able to search for items above $100 (or by category such as gaming hardware) so I can avoid all the various deals on Xbox 360 games.
    Jrc, thanks for the feedback. Right now, your strings have to match. Doing fuzzy search for all products on all items would take the Pre a long time to calculate. I am experimenting with some sort of tags and filtering though that should alleviate some of you issues.
    Developer of:

sounds like a great app, I'll download it later on today. Thanks Kev1000000!
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    This looks like a pretty sweet app, yo!

One question, tho... will this app ever have the REAL functionality of ShopSavvy -- scanning barcodes for instant search results?? Any reason that functionality wouldn't be possible with the Pre?

Keep up the good work!
    It's much harder to write an image analyzing algorithm in Javascript vs Java. Technically, I could send the data to a custom webservice and have it analyze the image, but then it would take much longer, as the app would have to upload the image to the service.
    Developer of:

Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    It's user-settable in the preferences menu. I designed Dealert to use the smallest amount of resources when checking in the background.

Actually, the app does not even run in the background at all times. What I do is set a timer to fire off every X amount of hours. When the timer fires (through Palm's Alarm service) Dealert opens up in the background (without bringing up a card) and checks the latest deals to see if that match any of your tracked products. It shuts down immediately after it is finished.

This way, you will barely notice a difference in battery life if you leave the setting around every 6 hours. I even kept mine on every 1 hour before (for dev/testing purposes) and did not notice a major hit in battery life at all.
    Good to hear. I think I will buy it. Thanks!
    you seem to never answer the price question or lack of demo, I guess I am in the same boat, how do I know if want to buy it if there isn't a demo?
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecp421 View Post
    you seem to never answer the price question or lack of demo, I guess I am in the same boat, how do I know if want to buy it if there isn't a demo?
    I can create a video review of the app to showcase its features if that will help your decision, but Palm's App Catalog has no support for devs to give users trials. I would love to offer a 7 day trial of the app if Palm would build that into the platform.

I could go the whole route of licesning and registration keys, but I am not a huge fan of those. Plus, that would take time and effort away from feature updates and bug fixes. I would rather improve the quality of the app instead of dealing with the hell of registration keys. =(
    Developer of:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast