a bunch of new apps are out.
    Please be a bit more specific lol but i'll go look
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    *ton* of new apps actually.. too many to list here. -m

EDIT - ok I'll list 'em

Hewbrew Calendar ($3)
    ColorClip ($1)
    Tank Tracker ($2) (track your gas usage)
    Golf Caddie ($10)
    Peg IQ ($1)
    ptHeath ($5)
    FMCaltrain ($3) <-- Caltrain schedule for bay area (how about a BART schedule?)
    ActiveCard ($5) <-- claims to be an all-in-one card application with easy to access configurable app launcher, quick contacts, calendar, news ticker, twitter, web searches, etc - would love to see reviews on this.
    ELLE Astrology ($3)
    dkGoogleVoice ($3) <-- google voice. (which is better? this or the other?)
    The Surprise ($1)
    Sudoko Classic ($3)
    Dealert ($1) <-- checks out deal websites
    Brick ($1) <-- brick game
    I'm Here ($1) <-- another "I'm here" clone. This one looks cool though, but I wish I knew what message it sent out. (picture? Or just cross street?)
    Phone Home ($1) <-- LAME - dials ONE number.
    PopBlocks ($1) <-- looks like a cute game
    Screamager ($1) <-- graduate from here if I'm not mistaking
    Unit Converter ($1) <-- another??
    Chameleon ($1) <--automatically changes wallpaper based on location
    Launchpoint Speed Dial ($1)
    Last edited by diomark; 10/16/2009 at 05:47 PM.
  5.    #5  
    ya there are 21 new apps and I'm posting from my pre so no time to actually list them all
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    the app activecard looks really good i would buy it for 4.99 im gonna wait though and read some reviews about it before i buy though
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    the app activecard looks really good i would buy it for 4.99 im gonna wait though and read some reviews about it before i buy though
    The pictures make it look kinda busy.. would love to see reviews on it tho; -m
    I bit the bullet and bought ActiveCard. It's nice, I really like it. It's got a few things that it could do better(like being able to set custom names to your Quick Contacts,and being able to use any app for the "Launcher" button quick apps, not just a static list) but otherwise, I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I also bought some of the $0.99 games.
    im using the weather channel app is pretty amazing and fast .. and its free !
    Looks like some decent apps, although the one I'm looking forward to most (at the moment)--Switcharoo--isn't there.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    looking forward to switcharoo too.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Here is a video of ActiveCard

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    If anyone is wondering, the calendar feature only shows events that are in your "ActiveCard" calendar. It doesn't show events from your regular calendar(s). That makes the youtube video and app description pretty misleading because this isn't really mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I bit the bullet and bought ActiveCard. It's nice, I really like it. It's got a few things that it could do better(like being able to set custom names to your Quick Contacts,and being able to use any app for the "Launcher" button quick apps, not just a static list) but otherwise, I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I also bought some of the $0.99 games.
    Is this a card you have to launch to use it, or does it start up when you reset your phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfougere View Post
    If anyone is wondering, the calendar feature only shows events that are in your "ActiveCard" calendar. It doesn't show events from your regular calendar(s). That makes the youtube video and app description pretty misleading because this isn't really mentioned.
    can you sync that calendar to the google calendar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Confused by the statement I put in bold above because their website says this:

ActiveCard
    All-in-one-card "home screen" application for Palm Pre. With customizable app launcher, calendar support, QuickContact feature, RSS news reader, and widgets.

So it's not?
    at 3:50 in the video posted on youtube it certainly looks like the app launcher list does have the ability to be changed, im confused by the statement as well from the above poster
    Downloaded it. Now that I understand the concept....I wasted my $5 bucks. If it can't replace the home screen its useless to me. Even if it could I don't think I would use it.
    Icons are tiny, limited number of contacts you can use (5), App launcher has preset apps you have to use...as stated above (most you can do is alter the order in which they appear), calendar info has to be manually entered. Eh, I will just stick to my homepage.

Not being able to try these out sucks. Screenshots can only go so far.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    sounds like i will wait awhile before i buy active card glad i waited for some people to purchase before me so i didnt make the same mistake i REALLY like the concept of it though might get a later version after some updates
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Sorry about your $5, mainevent. If it's any consolation, you (and a few previous posters) saved mine.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast