Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49
  1. #21  
    yup, another $5 saved here
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    Downloaded it. Now that I understand the concept....I wasted my $5 bucks. If it can't replace the home screen its useless to me. Even if it could I don't think I would use it.
    Icons are tiny, limited number of contacts you can use (5), App launcher has preset apps you have to use...as stated above (most you can do is alter the order in which they appear), calendar info has to be manually entered. Eh, I will just stick to my homepage.

    Not being able to try these out sucks. Screenshots can only go so far.
    What it needs to be able to do is what Agenda does, pull events from all of your calendars. I have my calendar that I enter things on, my work one where my office staff put things and a "home" one for me and my wife. Adgenda gives me all of them in one easy to read format and that is what an app like this needs.

    Then again, Agenda is using and undocumented API so might be a while before one gets in the App Cat.
  3. #23  
    Well, at least I'm helping some of you save $5. It's not going to break me but someone had to bite the bullet and give an accurate account of what this app is all about. Ok, that'll be $.50 a piece!!
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    What it needs to be able to do is what Agenda does, pull events from all of your calendars. I have my calendar that I enter things on, my work one where my office staff put things and a "home" one for me and my wife. Adgenda gives me all of them in one easy to read format and that is what an app like this needs.

    Then again, Agenda is using and undocumented API so might be a while before one gets in the App Cat.
    I absolutely LOVE agenda!! I would have paid my $5 bucks for that instead of wasting it on something I would delete 30 min. later. (yes, I deleted it)
  5. #25  
    all these apps
    and not one of them free
    I dont look forward to new apps anymore
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    all these apps
    and not one of them free
    I dont look forward to new apps anymore
    Ummm, aren't we all paying $2 a day (or more) just to own and use the phone? Since the cheapest plan is something like $60? A buck or 2 for an app isn't that big of a deal. I mean yeah, every dollar counts and all...but these are $1 and $2 apps, on a phone that costs close to $1000 for a year of usage.

    And as a general question: anyone know if there is any advantage/disadvantage between dkGoogle Voice and GDial Pro? Is dk worth the extra money, or is it no big difference? If it's any better, I don't mind paying for it, but Gdial Pro is pretty sweet as-is.
  7. #27  
    That's why we need to try before buying it.
    I almost bought it too.
  8. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #28  
    For $5 I somewhat understand. But trying $1 or $2 apps. If you buy something new at the grocery store, do you need to try it as well?
  9. #29  
    Grocery stores do provide food tasting to entice people buying new products.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfougere View Post
    If anyone is wondering, the calendar feature only shows events that are in your "ActiveCard" calendar. It doesn't show events from your regular calendar(s). That makes the youtube video and app description pretty misleading because this isn't really mentioned.
    Incorrect, it pulled events from my Sports Calendar(via the homebrew app), showed the Dallas Stars game that was on tonight.
  11. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #31  
    I find it funny that dkGoogleVoice costs $2.99 and according to the reviews works like crap, when you got GDialPro which is an awesome app is free.

    When will they stop putting half *** apps in the app catalog that charge a crazy amount?
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    Downloaded it. Now that I understand the concept....I wasted my $5 bucks. If it can't replace the home screen its useless to me. Even if it could I don't think I would use it.
    Icons are tiny, limited number of contacts you can use (5), App launcher has preset apps you have to use...as stated above (most you can do is alter the order in which they appear), calendar info has to be manually entered. Eh, I will just stick to my homepage.

    Not being able to try these out sucks. Screenshots can only go so far.
    How the hell do you expect it to do this? If it were a completely custom "rom" ala Android modding, maybe, but an app is not going to be allowed to take over the main functionality of the phone. You have unrealistic expectations of what the app catalog has to offer if you think that is even a remote possibility.


    Been using the ActiveCard app more this morning, I like the news feed, and the calendar feature. Also like the twitter reader, though I'm hoping it will get upgraded into a full twitter client or something to that effect. This app has a lot of promise, it's most definitely a good start. The interface is very clean as well, it's put together very well.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    I find it funny that dkGoogleVoice costs $2.99 and according to the reviews works like crap, when you got GDialPro which is an awesome app is free.

    When will they stop putting half *** apps in the app catalog that charge a crazy amount?
    When developers stop making half assed apps? You don't have to buy them, use the power of the dollar and quit complaining, there are plenty of halfassed iPhone and Android apps out there.
  14. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    When developers stop making half assed apps? You don't have to buy them, use the power of the dollar and quit complaining, there are plenty of halfassed iPhone and Android apps out there.
    Completely agree. Stop the whining and be happy we have apps to choose from.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    How the hell do you expect it to do this? If it were a completely custom "rom" ala Android modding, maybe, but an app is not going to be allowed to take over the main functionality of the phone. You have unrealistic expectations of what the app catalog has to offer if you think that is even a remote possibility.


    Been using the ActiveCard app more this morning, I like the news feed, and the calendar feature. Also like the twitter reader, though I'm hoping it will get upgraded into a full twitter client or something to that effect. This app has a lot of promise, it's most definitely a good start. The interface is very clean as well, it's put together very well.
    Ely, so far, i'm liking ActiveCard too; it's a very good start... But Mobile Shell 3.0 for windows mobile was able to take over the whole OS and make it a lot more pleasurable to use. I know WebOS is a completely different animal from WinMo, but why can't it be done here too?
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Ely, so far, i'm liking ActiveCard too; it's a very good start... But Mobile Shell 3.0 for windows mobile was able to take over the whole OS and make it a lot more pleasurable to use. I know WebOS is a completely different animal from WinMo, but why can't it be done here too?
    Windows Mobile is made to do that. There are no apps that completely take over the shell on the iPhone. The only way to take over the shell on Android AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $is$ $via$ $custom$ $roms$. $Windows$ $Mobile$ $is$ $VERY$ $different$ $from$ $all$ $3$ $previously$ $mentioned$ $OS$'$s$.
  17. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    When developers stop making half assed apps? You don't have to buy them, use the power of the dollar and quit complaining, there are plenty of halfassed iPhone and Android apps out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Completely agree. Stop the whining and be happy we have apps to choose from.
    It has nothing do with whining. The quality of apps that are available is a joke. I actually read the reviews and when they all say the app doesnt work like intended then why is it in the app store? Majority of apps listed have very low reviews.
    $1.99 and up for incomplete apps is disturbing.


    And who cares what the iPhone and Android have. Has nothing to do with whats available for the Pre.
  18. #38  
    I think that even for a $5 app, it's enough to see the screenshots and know more or less that it's not for you. Between the reviews and the screenshots, you get a pretty good idea of whether you want to cough up a little bit of money.

    For a $30 app, I definitely want a trial version or something. For $5, it's not that big a deal. But this is my opinion. If I'm not sure that the app will be everything I intended, and I would be upset with wasting $5, then I wouldn't buy it.

    I'm happy to see apps in the catalog, good or bad. I don't expect more than 1 in 10 to be really excellent. That's just the way it goes.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    It has nothing do with whining. The quality of apps that are available is a joke. I actually read the reviews and when they all say the app doesnt work like intended then why is it in the app store? Majority of apps listed have very low reviews.
    $1.99 and up for incomplete apps is disturbing.


    And who cares what the iPhone and Android have. Has nothing to do with whats available for the Pre.
    Who cares? Don't buy them! Why is this so hard to grasp?
  20. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    #40  
    I almost bought the Phone Home app just so I could review it.. (comeone.. a $1 that only dials one number??? the quick dialer on here is so much better!)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions