1.    #1  
    iI am starting to be skeptical about all of these tweaks. i have most of the popular ones but i have begun to run into problems and i dont want to reset my pre again. but here are my problems maybe someone can help:
    1 in landscape mode my virtual keyboard delete button doesnt work

2 i have researxhed this problem here already but two or three times a day my yahoo email credentials are rejected

3 after installing mytether (paid version) it worked great for a couple days but now my laptop nor my ipod can connect via wifi and even when I do connect I only keep the connection for a few minutes then it either loses the connection or the connection doesn't connect to internet.

4 also after installing my tether the usbnet connection is gone and I can't connect that way anymore

5 my itunes media synce doesn't work anymore my computer makes the sounds that something is connected twice ( connecting then disconnecting) itunes never brings it up and the disconnect hardware option does not appear tho when I take out the pre it makes another disconnect sound

6 after using mytether my data toggle app does not work sometimes it says failed find data status or something

just some background info I'm running xp sp3 on my dell I'm running 1.2.1 on my pre I have the most recent mytether and a few tweaks like vk landscape everything and batterry percentage.
    I know I have alot of problems please help.
    the delete in landscape has never worked as of yet , i would uninstall just the apps that are messing up and use the webos recovery utility . it does not reset your phone and it will find issues in your phone and you can choose the ones you want to fix. it will point out your patches you have done but you just overlook those and fix the others . as far as yahoo you will have to do a search for a thread about it i have no clue and i dont use yahoo. i hope this helps somewhat
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...light=recovery

here is a link to the recovery thread
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    what about mytether its not working?
  5.    #5  
    ???
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I will help you to move this thread up a little.

I think this is why Palm does not support of all of them yet. I still have hope that Palm can pick a few tweaks and patches and do it right for us. I am not using any of that, because I don't have time to keep reseting and reloading my stuff. But I appreciate all the work these crazy guys have put into making the Pre more functional. I also thank you for report these issues, so that these can be made more stable.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    what about mytether its not working?
    its working for me...plus i got 40 patches installed and my phone is working,....maybe u should use RU(repait utility) or doctor ur phone
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I'm going to throw this out there for what is it worth. Could it be a hardware problem as far as the media sync and USB support under mytether? Seems kind of strange that those 2 do not work and both need the data pins on the USB connector to function.

Just a thought. For the wifi mytether have you tried deleting the network connections for them on your devices and then reconnect?

Does your Pre function in USB mode? Meaning can you copy files back and forth from your Pre to your computer? If you cannot then I would have to lean toward either an issue with your computer or the USB port being messed up on your Pre.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassh View Post
    I'm going to throw this out there for what is it worth. Could it be a hardware problem as far as the media sync and USB support under mytether? Seems kind of strange that those 2 do not work and both need the data pins on the USB connector to function.

Just a thought. For the wifi mytether have you tried deleting the network connections for them on your devices and then reconnect?

Does your Pre function in USB mode? Meaning can you copy files back and forth from your Pre to your computer? If you cannot then I would have to lean toward either an issue with your computer or the USB port being messed up on your Pre.
    Yea my pre works in usb mode. In addition I have fixed the wifi tether problem, and im just living with yahoo problem (i think it is caused by me constantly turning data on and off). The only problem I have now is the media sync not working, does doubletwist sync the album art? because I would not mind picking up doubletwist just to sync with my pre so i could avoid this problem.
    Hangman,

Do it a step at a time.

Run http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html with Options->Compatibility Override checked to remove all patches.

If that does not solve your problem it was not due to a patch.

If it does solve your problems, try adding one patch and wait a day to see if any problems. Then another until you isolate the problem. Then please report that to the patch developer.

- Craig
  11.    #11  
    Ok so i ran the RepairUtility and I now think that it is a computer problem. Most of my issues have been resolved one way or another but My computer no longer recognizes my pre in mediasync mode. It recognizes it in usb mode and even when its charging but when I plug it in mediasync mode it makes the connection sound 3 or 4 times in a row and in the end does not connect. It is not seen by itunes or anything but the pre acts as if it is connected.
    try reinstalling novacom driver yet??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    if not then open webos QI and click on file ,options, and then reinstall novacom driver
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  14.    #14  
    I clicked the button but I'm not sure if it did anything. Is something supposed to pop up?
  15.    #15  
    i went to webos qi but when i clicked reinstalled novcacom driver nothing happened.

I can see the phone as a usb storage device and the novacom driver, but in mediasync I don't see anything. The novacom disappears, my dell won't even say that anything is connected. It just makes then connection sound 3 or 4 times and that's it. Finito!

geez this is annoying everything else works great and I don't anna run the doctor again I hate reseting everything on my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    iI am starting to be skeptical about all of these tweaks. i have most of the popular ones but i have begun to run into problems and i dont want to reset my pre again. but here are my problems maybe someone can help:
    1 in landscape mode my virtual keyboard delete button doesnt work

2 i have researxhed this problem here already but two or three times a day my yahoo email credentials are rejected

3 after installing mytether (paid version) it worked great for a couple days but now my laptop nor my ipod can connect via wifi and even when I do connect I only keep the connection for a few minutes then it either loses the connection or the connection doesn't connect to internet.

4 also after installing my tether the usbnet connection is gone and I can't connect that way anymore

5 my itunes media synce doesn't work anymore my computer makes the sounds that something is connected twice ( connecting then disconnecting) itunes never brings it up and the disconnect hardware option does not appear tho when I take out the pre it makes another disconnect sound

6 after using mytether my data toggle app does not work sometimes it says failed find data status or something

just some background info I'm running xp sp3 on my dell I'm running 1.2.1 on my pre I have the most recent mytether and a few tweaks like vk landscape everything and batterry percentage.
    I know I have alot of problems please help.
    I had the problem of media sync and iTunes not working after installing myTether as well. After a day of sleuthing, I FOUND THE SOLUTION!

It turns out that myTether which I recently installed was interfering with media sync and therefore iTunes syncing! Having the WiFi and USB Tethering off is NOT enough. You also have to have USBNet off in the options menu for media sync to be re-enabled. My guess is that USB Ethernet Gadget function must have priority over the iPod function.

I just started a thread on this to save people at least some of the hassle I went through to re-establish media/iTunes sync.

By the way, when turning USBNet on or off in myTether, you will be forced to reset the Pre. A pain when you want to go from using myTether to syncing with iTunes or vice versa.

Hope this helps.
  17.    #17  
    yea thanks I just read ur thread and I was pretty happy there was a solution. But I already doctored my pre thanks though