Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Hello Dakis
    I want to mention that using an Austrian yesss.at Telephone + Data card DOES NOT WORK out of the box with the German Palm Pre.

I was able to use the phone by bypassing the activation step with Meta Doctor ( big up to the Author of WebOS Meta Doctor ) and then I modified the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 to add the UMTS / 3G support.

I rename the one.at entry to yesss.at in CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 ( they use the same network AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK ), $changed$ $the$ $mcc$ $and$ $it$ $worked$.

Not for the faint of heart though !

By the way if you want to know if your provider is supported by the Palm Pre, or not, just download the webos image , find the file CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 , and open it with sqlite browser.
    Hi, just wanted to add that the Pre works in India.

I just got my O2 qwertz unlocked gsm, and it works fine on:

Airtel
    Idea Cellular
    Vodafone

All are for voice only, as we have no 3G yet.

Vikram
    Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Treo 180 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Palm Pre (busted) -> iPhone4 (awesome) + iPad
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Little stuff to know in advanced:

You must have NEWEST awailable WebOS version on the device in order to create Palm Profile (to get updates, synergy and autmatic backuops).

I've was stuck on a fiends device more than a week trying to create a profile on 1.3.1, just to find out that it was not possible (the hard way).

MetaDoctor ir the way to go most of the time for user outside of supproted carriers/countries, but remenbrt when it modifies the webos install image it resizes /var/ partition up to 2 GB.
    Hi,
    I'm in Denmark, telenor & tdc. Both with everything, except haven't tried mms.

Did you know that not all free app's in app catalogue is accessible in a "unoficial" country ?
    I can eg. I can not see / download Palm's Facebook app, or the Palm video app. Just examples to illustrate the point.
    So getting paid apps in march will not be for suckers - like me - who happens to live in a unauthorized country, using a unauthorized carrier.
    Or maybe the web for the WebOS stops outside Palm's "legal" reseller country ? ( Yes I'm ranting, 'cause I like many others are a tad dissapointed.) but I L O V E my Pre ! Too bad it might feel more & more like a brick ;-)
    Last edited by karstenskov; 02/13/2010 at 02:24 PM.
    hi there!!

PORTUGAL

Provider: TMN
    Status: Supported (activation, data, mms, voice, 3G works fine)
    If my carrier appears as supported in the Pre's carriers database (forgot the name) does this mean I will be able to use everything out of the box? I'm thinking about importing a Pre from China. What kind of blocking can I expect if it comes straight from the factory? Is a German Pre the only way to go?

I'm in Uruguay by the way and the carrier is ANCEL, in another thread someone confirmed it appears on the database and posted the contents of the database entry and there were no hs_nulls that seem to be problematic.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.
    ?????
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    There's no way to tell for sure, unless you find anyone using Pre with your network.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakis View Post
    Austria

Provider: 3
    Status: Partly supported (activation, data + voice) (apparently 3G only, unconfirmed. Update: others say only EDGE works???)
    To make one thing clear, 3 Austria does not support 2G coverage in densely populated areas like vienna. Outside these cities both 3G and 2G are available to ensure reliability.

We're not talking about a Pre issue since it affects all 3 Phones.
    Hi people, I've seen same online auctions here in Brasil from people selling the GSM version of the Palm Pre unlocked (german I guess).
    Can I use this phone here in brasil with no problems (mms, 3G, 2G, text, voice, voicemail)? Can I activate it here?
    What about updates?? Will my Pre still receive OTA updates?
    Will I be able to access the app catalog and download paid apps like 3D games? If not, where else can I get these apps?

I'm very new to the Palm Pre so I'd really appreciate some help...
    Thx a lot!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sloopjohnb View Post
    Hi people, I've seen same online auctions here in Brasil from people selling the GSM version of the Palm Pre unlocked (german I guess).
    Can I use this phone here in brasil with no problems (mms, 3G, 2G, text, voice, voicemail)? Can I activate it here?
    What about updates?? Will my Pre still receive OTA updates?
    Will I be able to access the app catalog and download paid apps like 3D games? If not, where else can I get these apps?

I'm very new to the Palm Pre so I'd really appreciate some help...
    Thx a lot!!
    No you will not be able to get the 3D games. You're - like me - outside "the zone" a third rate Palm costumor... Welcome! (yes I'm ranting)
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Next week I'll go to Latvia. I'll try, O2 Palm Pre works with LV LMT...
    Hungarian T-Mobile works.
    T-Mobile Hu
    Voice, 3G works, haven't tried mms, yet.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I have a passport US SIM which has a +44 number for all places except USA when it has a +1 number. It says to use APN mobiledata and thats all, but it didnet work. The help docs say it works for SE Nokia Iphone eg

1. Tap “Settings”
    2. Tap “General”
    3. Tap “Network”
    4. Tap “EDGE”
    5. Select Profile 4
    6. Enter the APN as “mobiledata” (leave username/password fields blank)
    7. Launch Browser
    but no news about Palm Pre. Anybody using it?
    Hello I have a German unlocked Pre and want to use it with Dutch providers. I am able to use Vodafone with the 1.4.0 version but how can I get tmobile to work (3g)?
    Ludomobil (network reports "Ventelo") in Norway - everything is working well. 8o)
    New Zealand

Provider: Vodafone
    Status: Supported (activation, data, voice, SMS, MMS) supposedly 3G but not blindingly fast
    Update: I'm not getting MMS to work either with manual settings or automatic... :/ Still TDC SE/DK.
    hii frnds sww this

Quote Originally Posted by dakis View Post
    Now that we know the O2 (Germany) Pre does indeed work on some international networks, I thought I'd start a thread where we can collect some info on that.
    Someone posted a list over at infocenter. However, I doubt it's for real: List of carriers contained within CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 - Palm Pre Swisscom's on there and that provider definitely isn't supported at the moment (tested it myself).

Important info: while the list was / is being compiled to the best of my knowledge, I can't personally verify all the entries. So they're without any guarantee for completeness or correctness. Also: the list is only valid for O2 (Germany) Pres. Reportedly, devices sold in Ireland and the UK behave differently.

Australia

Provider: Telstra
    Status: Supported (activation, data, voice + MMS) - 3G data reportedly only through roaming, EDGE works, though (thanks thewhitetower!)

Austria

Status: Partly supported (activation, data + voice) (apparently 3G only, unconfirmed. Update: others say only EDGE works???)

Provider: Orange Austria (thanks Flunsh!)

Provider: T-Mobile Austria

China (Hong Kong)

Provider: Peoples (2.5G EDGE) (thanks garyau!)

Provider: Smartone-Vodafone

Provider: Three (3G HSDPA):

Denmark

Status: unsupported (voice only, no activation) (thanks Trekkie + pattersson)

Provider: TDC
    Status: supported (voice, data + activation) (MMS unconfirmed)

Dubai

Provider: Etisalat
    Status: Supported (activation, data + voice) (thanks freakout!)

Italy:

Provider: 3 Italia
    Status: Supported (activation, data + voice) (MMS unknown) (thanks akitayo)

Provider: Tim
    Status: Supported (activation, data + voice) (thanks wolfgart!)

Provider: Vodafone Italy (tested with a business SIM card and a private one) (thanks chrispazz and mastahaze!)
    Status: Fully Supported (activation, data + voice, mms) APN web.omnitel.it

Provider: Wind

Lithuania

Provider: Omnitel

The Netherlands

Provider: KPN

Provider: T-Mobile

Norway

Provider: Netcom

Provider: Onecall
    Status: Unsupported (data once you're able to turn on roaming + voice - no activation or mms)

Telenor: unsupported

Singapore

Provider: Starhub

Sweden:

Provider: Telia Sweden (thanks Andreas!)
    Status: Supported (activation, data, voice, SMS) MMS not supported

Provider: Telenor Sweden (thanks Andreas!)

Switzerland:

Provider: Orange

Provider: Sunrise
    Status: Supported (activation, data + voice - MMS not supported)

Provider: Swisscom

UK:

Provider: T-Mobile UK
    Status: Supported (activation, data + voice) (MMS unconfirmed) (thanks happymore!)

Provider: Vodafone
    Status: Partly upported (activation, data + voice) (MMS unconfirmed) (thanks dr3wster!) PAYGO SIMs apparently unsupported!

Ukraine:

Provider: MTS Ukraine (UMC) (thanks dubiki!)

Provider: KyivStar:
    Satus: Unsupported (no activation, voice only)
    A clarification on "3" in Austria.
    3 does not provide 2G fallback, this means that wherever there is 3-coverage you have to use 3G.
    On the other hand the doesn't cover the whole country and therefore they teamed up with another provider (A1) and 3-users can roam on A1 wherever there is no 3-coverage.

I'm not sure if people are allowed to use 3G when using the A1 net, but I know for sure that 2G can be used when using A1.

All in all it's somehow awkward...
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast