Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Hi. I'm in Malaysia on the Celcom network. I just got my German Pre. It works straight out of the box.
    Great....!!! I'm loving it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrinder View Post
    Hi. I'm in Malaysia on the Celcom network. I just got my German Pre. It works straight out of the box.
    Great....!!! I'm loving it.....
    Congrats! I am now using my Pre on Digi post-paid + unlimited 3g (APN diginet) and phone, SMS, data works out of the box too.
    Previously where I used Digi's data only Discover plan I had to use manual network settings (available in 1.3.1 firmware) to change the APN to 3gdgnet
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani89 View Post
    Just got my Canadian FIDO to work on SMS, 3G and Phone calls !!

well,, Had to add the Network to the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3

tried it 3 times ,, done so many changes ,, but now it works !
    I couldnt send msgs nor do anything ,, i could only make calls !

But after adding the Fido network into the list , I was able to get it working on a Fido simcard using the German Pre !

I dont know if it's legal to add the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file that I made for those Fido users,, but if it is ,, please let me know

And now i can say Gladly ,, Please add Fido to the Working Networks !!
    What WebOS version are you on, 1.3.1?
    Bought an unlocked GSM Pre. Its the QWERTZ version.
    Other details:
    wedOS 1.3.1
    Model: P100UEU
    Firmware: CU0.5.18(132)

Works right out of the box. 3G connection, calls and SMS work fine.

App Catalog is still weird though, first time I tried it there were only 61 apps available, after a few days I noticed its now up to 96 apps. Hopefully it should go up in count after a few days or so.

Please add:
    Globe Telecom
    Philippines
    For Switzerland:

It works fully with Swisscom (1.3.1), but only after activating it with a SIM card from the other two operators.
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealy View Post
    For Switzerland:

It works fully with Swisscom (1.3.1), but only after activating it with a SIM card from the other two operators.
    Dataconnection off. Ok.
    Dataconnection "re-on": need reboot to get connection!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    This (Dutch) post reports a Vodafone Business SIM works out of the box in the Netherlands, no manual settings needed. Other Vodafone sims (non biz. contracts) do not seem to work, even when manual settings is applied.
    In an attempt get Vodafone (non biz.) to work I deleted all Vodafone business records from CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 in both the carrier and the data tables. The result was that it took sometime for the Vodafone network to be picked up again. It seemed to read all the necessary information from either the SIM card or the network and auto-configured in a few minutes.

Data (3G/2G) still doesn't work (Invalid Internet APN Settings). Activating 3G only results in network signal strength dropping by two bars. Switching "Data Usage" off makes no difference. The only way to get a decent network signal is to force to 2G only.
    Just for the record, the issue with vodafone and possibly other operators seem to be resolved, see APN Problems with 1.3.1/1.3.5 [FIXED!!!!]
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    India
    Provider: AirTel
    Supported: Dial, GPRS, SMS, MMS, VoiceMail

May be they are prepared in advance as Palm is coming to India soon.
    I have managed to get my imported GSM Pre working on Tele2 in Sweden. It took about a day for the 3G symbol to flash on for long enough for the phone to register my palm profile but other than that it seems to be working quite well.

Have not tried sending any MMS' as I see no point in them so:
    Activation: Well, yes, but not out of the box and it felt more like I got lucky
    Data: Seems to work well, there is a 3G symbol at the top and the speed is much higher than I've had with my previous, non-3G, phone.
    Voice: Calling works well and also recieving calls
    SMS: Works fine
    German O2 pre working fine on CBB/Telenor network in Denmark
    would this mean I'm no longer the only one in the Philippines using a Pre? I got mine last Oct in Berlin and have had no problems with it (well except for the PIMs, which I find malnourished, and the occasional hangs, plus the waits for cloud updates)

Quote Originally Posted by jester3397 View Post
    Bought an unlocked GSM Pre. Its the QWERTZ version.
    Other details:
    wedOS 1.3.1
    Model: P100UEU
    Firmware: CU0.5.18(132)

Works right out of the box. 3G connection, calls and SMS work fine.

App Catalog is still weird though, first time I tried it there were only 61 apps available, after a few days I noticed its now up to 96 apps. Hopefully it should go up in count after a few days or so.

Please add:
    Globe Telecom
    Philippines
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealy View Post
    For Switzerland:

Hi, any experience already with 1.3.5.2? I am currently our of SWT, so I did not upgrade to 1.3.5.2 yet. Does SWISSCOM now (finally) fully work incl. activation? Thanks for info
    Hello everyone! I got my pre (o2 german) and I am trying to use it in Belarus (carrier
    VELCOM)

Voice works fine, but neither SMS, MMS, Data work.
    What I've done:
    edit carrier DB and replaced the carrier (Ukraine Life) with mine (VELCOM).
    Sms works, but data doesn't, even though I have entered all APN and User/Pass

maybe someone can point me in the right direction
    Hi to all, Luxgsm perfectly working in Luxembourg, all set out of the box.

Unfortunately I moved to another carrier last week cause of really better prices and now i can add that

Orange Luxembourg not working at all, only calls. no data (unable to write settings) and no sms (!!!).

Can anybody maybe help me solve this problem? I don't see in the posts how to manage the cleaning of the carriers and networks databases...and how to add new ones...

Thx to all who can help me!
    Well, the point for what i see is...where do i get Orange luxembourg identification codes? and where do i put them? cause i open the pre db, orange lux is not there of course, i should add it, but in no list i found till now i can see orange lux....so...no mnc and i am stuck with the mcc only that is 270.....
    I recently bought an PU100UEU Free GSM Palm Pre, I think it is a O2 (Germany) unit. They lied to me.

It can not recognize Internet data (3G, Edge or Gprs). Can you help me? Is it about the HSDPA frecuency in America? I know itīs diferent than Europe.

I donīt know how can I check what frecuency my palm pre can work. I donīt know if it has the 2100 mhz or the 950 / 1900 mhz to work here in America.

Please help me.

Thank you.
    Hi, do you know if the o2 Pre free gsm works in Argentina? my carrier is Personal
    Using TDC Sweden and its working fine!
    Activation: only through Wifi/metadoctor
    3G: OK, no manual settings needed
    SMS: OK, no manual settings needed
    MMS: OK, no manual settings needed
    I apologize for mine ignorance, but I can't connect my Pre to a computer... Is there manual way to change APN settings? I'm from Serbia, using mts(telekom) postpaid number I think both 3G and Edge. Thanks in advance.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast