Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    I'm on Orange in France. Everything seems to work on my German Pre but since the 1.3.1 update, the app catalogue just tells me that it is not available. Is this normal? I only received my Pre today so i'm just starting all my research!
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri79 View Post
    I'm on Orange in France. Everything seems to work on my German Pre but since the 1.3.1 update, the app catalogue just tells me that it is not available. Is this normal? I only received my Pre today so i'm just starting all my research!
    Yes it's to be expected and documented here (with a fix too to get back the free app listing):
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...s-1-3-1-a.html
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Just confirming that in New Zealand the O2 Palm Pre GSM unlocked running web O2 1.3.1 is working on the Vodafone New Zealand network.

It was purchased via Expansys, however the App store is not working for me yet...

Please add:

New Zealand

Provider: Vodafone
    Status: Supported (data, voice, SMS & MMS supported, app catalogue not working however)
    Last edited by judadeach; 12/02/2009 at 10:07 PM.
    My Pre is O2 unlock GSM version running web 1.3.1.

Please add:

Australia

Provider: vodafone
    i am in australia, mine is THREE service. my pre is from USA but is a German version.

calls are ok.
    sms is ok
    3G network is ok

no problems have been found until now.
    Bought a German Palm Pre this weekend.

Inserted the Vodafone NL Sim sim card (business abo) --> working 3g. Activated through that connection --> working on 1.1.2.

Updated to 1.3.1 (who dares wins): working 3g yet again!

Appstore isn't working though, but that was to be expected.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    TPG in Australia works out of the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakis View Post

Norway

Provider: Netcom

Provider: Onecall
    Status: Unsupported (data once you're able to turn on roaming + voice - no activation or mms)

Telenor: unsupported

I think this list needs a bit of an update. Ever since webOS 1.3.1 came out, more providers are supported in Norway.

Provider: Netcom
    Status: Supported (activation, data, voice - mms untested, will do a test soon)

Provider: Telenor
    Status: Supported (activation, data, voice - mms untested, will do a test soon)

Provider: Onecall
    Status: No activation, else: data works over roaming, mms and voice works

Provider: Chess

These are some of the providers i've tried out myself. Maybe i'll do some more testing in some days.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hi,

I'm using a German O2 Pre which I activated while I was in Portugal. For the activation I used a Dutch Vodafone SIM. Everything was available straight away: voice, sms, data, mms.

Robert
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Finland:

Provider: Sonera (Telia-Sonera Finland)
    As of 12/15; App Catalog lists 29 apps
    Voicemail access as normal phone call only ("unable to access voicemail number" in preferences)

I find it interesting that Telia Sweden doesn't support MMS when an affiliate to it, Telia-Sonera Finland does.

German O2 unlocked Pre
    Last edited by Lemstil; 12/14/2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: App Catalog state change
    Network TSTT bmobile
    Trinidad and Tobago

GPRS sms and voice work out of the box on an unlocked gsm german pre
    i was able to set up my palm profile with no hassle
    Network: Vodafone

Currently using Pre with Vodafone Iphone's promo (apn: iphone.vodafone.it) and everything works fine

Best
    Luca
    < m500 - m505 - m515 - T|T - T|3 - T|X - Centro - Pre>
    This (Dutch) post reports a Vodafone Business SIM works out of the box in the Netherlands, no manual settings needed. Other Vodafone sims (non biz. contracts) do not seem to work, even when manual settings is applied.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    hi i live in kuwait and in 4 days im recieving my palm pre...
    my service provider is Zain KW
    does anybody have any info about it ?
    i ordered the german unlocked pre..so what version of webos is it ?
    and if (and i really wish that it does) works here in my country will updating in the future for another version of web os be a problem !?
    Just got my German import set today.

Verified to work in Singapore on M1 out of the box. I just plug in my SIM and is able to use it for SMS, phone, 3G etc. and it automatically detects M1 3G network and connects to it.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Just got my Canadian FIDO to work on SMS, 3G and Phone calls !!

well,, Had to add the Network to the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3

tried it 3 times ,, done so many changes ,, but now it works !
    I couldnt send msgs nor do anything ,, i could only make calls !

But after adding the Fido network into the list , I was able to get it working on a Fido simcard using the German Pre !

I dont know if it's legal to add the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file that I made for those Fido users,, but if it is ,, please let me know

And now i can say Gladly ,, Please add Fido to the Working Networks !!
    Hello folks and Austrians!

I have updated and inserted all Providers to the database.
    The Pre only knew A1 (Mobilkom), T-Mobile, One and 3.
    Now it should work also with Tele.Ring, Yesss and bob.
    Orange and RedBullMobile should work also as before.
    I tested bob and it works fine, the rest is very new.

If someone want to test the database in Austria:
    load the file http://www.Do-Ri.com/pre/Pre_Austria.zip
    and install the database inside.
    Have fun! (and report if it is working or not)

Greetings, F r i t z.
    Hi there,

I just got my german palm pre in Singapore and I am on Starhub. Also updated to 1.3.1, but I don't seem to be able to get my wireless data or mms to work.

Anyone can advise?
    i am using a german pre here in the USA on ATT.
    I cant get the 3g to work, but the phone just started working out of the box without any issues at all on edge....and whenever im travelling back in europe.....it picks up 3g from vodafone, eplus or O2 on roaming without problems.....

..heres what i had when i switched on and popped in my att sim card after i was back in US..after getting in mediamarkt ..wiesbaden....germany......switched on the phone.....created palm profile....connected to my home wifi....upgraded to 1.3.1....synced my outlook, gmail, contacts etc over the air.....app store works flawlessly...and im able to install even the apps meant for US sprint users.....no probs so far....

for now trying real hard to get 3g in US....but no luck....can someone help plz... i know about the different north american 3g band (850 / 1900 VERSUS THE 900/2100 ETC USED IN REST OF THE WORLD....but how do i chnage the band ???
    Quote Originally Posted by srikanth57 View Post
    i am using a german pre here in the USA on ATT.

.......for now trying real hard to get 3g in US....but no luck....can someone help plz... i know about the different north american 3g band (850 / 1900 VERSUS THE 900/2100 ETC USED IN REST OF THE WORLD....but how do i chnage the band ???
    You don't unless you buy another phone.