Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 237
  1. #101  
    PreRunr,

    Seem to be a few Adelaideans here. If we could get hold of some phones, it looks like we would have enough for a Pre Users Group.
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    PreRunr,

    Seem to be a few Adelaideans here. If we could get hold of some phones, it looks like we would have enough for a Pre Users Group.
    Well there's nothing better to do in Adelaide.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by shootz View Post
    Well there's nothing better to do in Adelaide.
    Adelaide!? Try Hobart!
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by shootz View Post
    Well there's nothing better to do in Adelaide.
    What could be better? Or are you suggesting that I should get a life?
  5. #105  
    I have tried O2 network in the Czech Republic.

    Status: Supported (activation, 3G data, voice, SMS)
  6. kresom's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    #106  
    I just got my O2 Pre from Berlin.

    HR VIP (vipnet) = activation not supported, GSM works, data doesn't
    T-mobile HR = everything works

    My phone wasn't activated so I borrowed T-mobile and activated it.

    Now, I'm stacked with no data on HR VIP and I need to struggle with APN settings.

    Kreso
  7. #107  
    First contribution from Malaysia:

    Maxis: works out of the box: activation, profile, data/3G.
    Will try the other major telcos later i.e. Digi and Celcom

    Update:
    Digi broadband (data only) confirmed working once carrier db is edited and apn changed from diginet to 3gdgnet
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 11/13/2009 at 09:36 AM.
  8. #108  
    [QUOTE=palmdoc2005;2027061]First contribution from Malaysia:

    [URL=" works out of the box: activation, profile, data/3G.
    Will try the other major telcos later i.e. Digi and Celcom

    Digi broadband (data only) confirmed working once carrier db is edited and apn changed from diginet to 3gdgnet[/QUOTE]
    Hi palmdoc2005,
    I too am in Malaysia. I live in KL. I am eager to get my hand on a Pre. Could you please tell me how you got your Pre? I am on the Celcom network? Have you tried it with a Celcom sim card.
    Appreciate your feeback.
  9. #109  
    I bought one from Germany and it's working in Libya too (Tested on ALMADAR Only)
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrinder View Post
    Hi palmdoc2005,
    I too am in Malaysia. I live in KL. I am eager to get my hand on a Pre. Could you please tell me how you got your Pre? I am on the Celcom network? Have you tried it with a Celcom sim card.
    Appreciate your feeback.
    Hi Surrinder
    I got mine from ordering via Expansys Singapore
    There is a premium to pay for Sirim, Customs Duty etc so be warned if you want to get it via courier.
    This is the German GSM Pre but I personally find it is not difficult to adapt to that layout with the Y and Z keys interchanged.

    To answer your question no, I have not had the opportunity to test with Celcom but it is in the carrier db so I won't be surprised to find it works out of the box. If I bump into anyone with Celcom I'll be testing it out.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Hi Surrinder
    I got mine from ordering via Expansys Singapore
    There is a premium to pay for Sirim, Customs Duty etc so be warned if you want to get it via courier.
    This is the German GSM Pre but I personally find it is not difficult to adapt to that layout with the Y and Z keys interchanged.

    To answer your question no, I have not had the opportunity to test with Celcom but it is in the carrier db so I won't be surprised to find it works out of the box. If I bump into anyone with Celcom I'll be testing it out.
    Hi palmdoc2005,

    Thanks for your reply.

    Not sure if you can help me out here but your advise is appreciated.

    If I can get my hands on a Pre from O2 Germany and get it activated there using an O2 sim, can I just slot in my Celcom sim card and get it up and running?? Do I need to tweak it for mobile internet??

    Thanks.

    Thanks.
  12. #112  
    Surrinder,
    I suspect you don't even have to activate it with an O2 Sim card since it worked out of the box for me for Maxis. The Celcom settings are in the carrier database so it should work. Haven't actually tried a Celcom Sim card. Still too busy playing around with this thing
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  13. #113  
    Vodafone Portugal

    Just cant get MMS to work fine.
  14. #114  
    Im currently in cancun, Mexico and am picking up 'movistar' network. Voice and sms work but data is no go.
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by screamindemonuk View Post
    Im currently in cancun, Mexico and am picking up 'movistar' network. Voice and sms work but data is no go.
    Don't you want to switch to Telcel on 27th?
  16. #116  
    Does anyone know if it works with Vodafone in Greece?
  17. #117  
    German GSM Pre works with PCCW Hong Kong out of the box - confirmed. create profile, 3G, SMS, even the voicemail key - the works.
    Last edited by bigcatny; 11/21/2009 at 10:10 AM.
  18. #118  
    I'm from France and tested with SFR provider :

    First when it comes from out of the box, nothing worked, because of the 1.1.3 version of the GSM PrPrPr $doesn$'$t$ $give$ $the$ $chance$ $to$ $change$ $the$ $APN$ $settings$.

    So now, with the 1.3.1 : everything works like a charm !

    SFR (france)

    activation : ok / Voice : ok / Web : ok / MMS : looking for the settings ans some tests
  19. #119  
    Hi,

    got myself a german O2-pre a few days ago.
    in the austrian orange network so far no problems with general functions, even the 1.3 firmware-update was very smooth, but...

    since the firmware-update the app-catalog is NOT available any more !!!

    anybody got a clue ???
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchdev View Post
    I'm from France and tested with SFR provider :

    First when it comes from out of the box, nothing worked, because of the 1.1.3 version of the GSM PrPrPr $doesn$'$t$ $give$ $the$ $chance$ $to$ $change$ $the$ $APN$ $settings$.

    So now, with the 1.3.1 : everything works like a charm !

    SFR (france)

    activation : ok / Voice : ok / Web : ok / MMS : looking for the settings ans some tests
    Hi is your app catalogue working since update? Mine isn't I'm on Bouygues Thanks
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions