Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Do you think that QWERZ is going to be a problem to you at all?
    Nuh - pretty much used to it after only a couple of days of use There is always virtual keyboard as well when the new firmware update arrives.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hey Everyone!

Very very happy that I got my Palm Pre today (Australia)! And am also very very happy to announce that the Palm Pre works flawlessly with Hutchison 3 here in Oz...

Data & Voice both work. The only issue I have is with setting up the Calendar Syncing with Google. Though, I suspect that this might be a WebOS issue rather than a location issue

Happy Pre-ing!!
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Great to hear Australians are getting the Pre to work here down under...thank you for being 'beta' testers for us all down here!

keep the updates/mini reviews coming...is great to read...

Is data is working full speed or just at GPRS speeds?

How are you finding the Qwertz keyboard? No big problem?

Where did you actually buy and import your Pres from?
    Did you have to do any activations before importing...or did it just work out of the box?

Thanks! You've given hope that the Pre in Australia is a realistic option versus iPhone 3GS!
    Probably a question for MR Whitby, assuming the hardware versions are the same, but couldn't we get a Spanish Pre and flash it with the German firmware/software, then apply the keyboard fix, Rod developed.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Speed wise if feels like the full 3G on optus, pages load quickly and the email is coming through fine.

I haven't noticed any slowdown in typing caused by the Qwertz keyboard and I'm finding it a lot better than the centro that I stopped using when the 'f' key stopped working.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcswanson View Post
    stopped using when the 'f' key stopped working.
    LOL thats so *****'n Australian!! It probably wore out :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Philippines update (good news) -- so I went out and bought a SMART communications "Buddy" pre-paid sim and what do you know, 3G works out of the box. No tweaking, no APN settings needed. Voice, data, SMS work (will check MMS in a while, but have no reason to doubt it).

Just the slight matter that it seems to be hideously expensive: about 25 US cents just to load my FB front page. I'll check this out a bit more
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Located in Adelaide with a Centro on Virgin:
    I would also like to know where to buy a GSM Pre as it seems we should get a german one and I asume this means from a German website.
    As Virgin uses OPTUS infrastructure I hope it means that my Virgin SIM will work in the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    I would also like to know where to buy a GSM Pre as it seems we should get a german one and I asume this means from a German website.
    I had planned to buy mine at www.mobilejoker.de, but then I checked eBay.de and I got one there instead. I don't know have any experience with mobilejoker, but it looks decent enough to me.
    Hi
    Got my Palm Pre yesterday and got it to work with 3 in Sweden, upgraded it to 1.2.1 and patch with meta doctor and fixed the qwerty keyboard.

Works realy nice..
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Hi,

I've checked the Pre's compatibility with other network in Lithuania:

Lithuania

Provider: Tele2

After little digging around I was able to skip the activation (meta doctor) and I'm using Pre, now trying to get data working on the WebOS...
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    LOL thats so *****'n Australian!! It probably wore out :-)
    I had to get creative when swearing in messages without and 'F' key, I'll go easy on the pre and expand my vocab
    Quote Originally Posted by dr3wster View Post
    Hey Everyone!

Very very happy that I got my Palm Pre today (Australia)! And am also very very happy to announce that the Palm Pre works flawlessly with Hutchison 3 here in Oz...

Data & Voice both work. The only issue I have is with setting up the Calendar Syncing with Google. Though, I suspect that this might be a WebOS issue rather than a location issue

Happy Pre-ing!!
    Hi dr3wster,

What method did you use to purchase you Pre?

I need one lol

Thanks,
    Greg
    Czech republic

confirmed to work on O2 (myself) T-mobile (my frend) and vodafone (my wife)
    Canada

Did anyone get the German Pre to work in Canada?

I got mine on Monday and thanks to help from folks on IRC, got it working on Fido (roaming on Rogers).

Obviously no data is working and I was going to update the carrier database but decided to make some calls first - absolutely HORRIBLE sound quality on both ends.

If this phone is quad band, then why would that happen?

Are the Canadian frequencies different? (I didn't think they were).
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    China

confirmed, work on Chinamobile GSM network,
    Handspring treo 90/180/600
    pa1m0ne Treo650 palm Treo 680, palm Treo750,Centro,Samsung i780, Now Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Poland

Network: Plus GSM
    Hello Dakis,

delighted to confirm :

France
    Provider: Orange
    Status: Supported (activation, data, voice, SMS, MMS, wifi, and even 3G with a 2G simcard)
    It's Christmas time !

Cheers,

Pasc.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Can we get any confirmations of Virgin Mobile Australia? It's on the Optus network, but the access point of course is 'virgininternet' rather than 'optus whatever'.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I am following the Pre purchase options for Australia, but as yet I can't get a clear idea of what to do, which means I still have no Pre. So I don't know if Virgin will work.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast