Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    No one from Asia yet? Anyway I hope to get mine next week and will update you guys.
    Managed to play around with SQLite and I hope to be able to change the APN for one od my data providers which is different from the existing one in the database.
    will be arriving in Manila late this week with a PRE GSM I bought in Berlin (right now am using an O2 sim). Will let you know how things turn out
    3 ( Hutchinson 3G ) Austria

3,5G <-- UMTS Full supported (activation, data, voice, SMS, MMS)
    3G ( EDGE ) Full supported if no UMTS Network available
    2G not supported cause 3 Austria does not provide GSM/GPRS Network

*Updated*
    Last edited by LowRid3R; 10/27/2009 at 06:26 AM.
    Netcom: works out of the box (activation, data, voice and mms untested)

Telenor: missing APN in one of the entries in CarrierNetworkSettings.db3, add 'telenor' and it works (activation, data + voice, mms untested)

Onecall: data (turn on roaming) + voice (no activation or mms)
    Last edited by DesktopMan; 10/27/2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Hey, can anyone confirm t-mobile austria? I would like to buy a pre on thursday, would love to know if I can use it with t-mobile. Do I have to do anything, like for the activation, thanks!
    The following posting reports a German pre works on KPN, the Netherlands.
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post1996332

Myself, I have tested a simlock free German Pre on Tmobile, the Netherlands. That does not work out of the box. However,the Pre can be adapted as posted in the following thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1997823
    Ok
    Vodafone IT sim rechargeable for private user a.k.a my personal SIM as usual.
    GPRS service activated since 2007 on my old nokia 6234
    Bought one O2 unlocked
    Transferred my sim inside.
    fired it up.
    Activation and registration process with verification online of the phone: OK!
    SMS OK!
    MMS OK!
    Mobile internet OK

Everything just goes. i'm so f****n happy!
    if someone want to update the starting info...
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mastahaze View Post
    Ok
    Vodafone IT sim rechargeable for private user a.k.a my personal SIM as usual.
    GPRS service activated since 2007 on my old nokia 6234
    Bought one O2 unlocked
    Transferred my sim inside.
    fired it up.
    Activation and registration process with verification online of the phone: OK!
    SMS OK!
    MMS OK!
    Mobile internet OK

Everything just goes. i'm so f****n happy!
    if someone want to update the starting info...
    Ottimo! ;P
    hi mate
    just to clarify a point for future italian users.
    take a look at this post of mine. or the whole thread if you prefer
    http://forums.precentral.net/2005837-post37.html
    I think we (early adopters) have the responsability to inform correctly, if someone else will go pre.
    I received my GSM Palm Pre from Berlin via DHL today here in Singapore. Paid 400 euros for it 8 days ago on Ebay Germany

I am on Starhub (3.5G). Data and voice works out of the box :-)

Took my Starhub sim from my BB Bold and put in the Pre. Automatically showed up at 3G. Logged onto the net and was able to surf at 3.5G speeds etc

Must say - its quite a good phone. Except for the keyboard. Or maybe I'm too used to the Bold's key board
  10. n3o
    Quote Originally Posted by adp21 View Post
    I received my GSM Palm Pre from Berlin via DHL today here in Singapore. Paid 400 euros for it 8 days ago on Ebay Germany

I am on Starhub (3.5G). Data and voice works out of the box :-)

Took my Starhub sim from my BB Bold and put in the Pre. Automatically showed up at 3G. Logged onto the net and was able to surf at 3.5G speeds etc

Must say - its quite a good phone. Except for the keyboard. Or maybe I'm too used to the Bold's key board
    Hey Bro,

I'm from Singapore too on Starhub...are you telling me the german pre works on our telco!!!! I'm freaking excited now!!!

If you dun mind can you tell me step by step in detail to acquiring one, activation and all, which website to buy from etc.

Thanks a million!!

looking forward to hearing from you
    yup works on starhub. not sure about singtel or M1

on starhub, i didnt have to do anything. just put my sim card and it automatically caught the 3g network

to buy one, go to ebay germany and search for palm pre handset. better if u have a friend who can speak german la. or else just use google translate

u must email them first to check if they will ship to singapore since many of them don't want to (don't know why)...

i can ask the guy i bought from if he has extra set and if he willing to send one more to singapore

u can sms me at <edit> i sms u back when he reply. in the meantime u check ebay.de
    Last edited by palandri; 10/30/2009 at 07:19 AM.
    PM me your number and we can talk offline la
    Managed to extract the .db3 file and changed the relevant settings (for the Aussies on here: Telstra - changed to telstra.internet and blank username and password), file uploaded back into phone, rebooted but 3G symbol is not coming up!

Any ideas?
    Did you copy it out to /usr/lib/luna/ as well as /var/luna/data/ ?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Mine (vodafone NL) did not show up tuntil I switched Wifi off.
    My vodafone uk sim does't work on my germany pam pre,it can't connect to 3G. My sim is pay and you go,maybe it is the reason? I'll buy a pay monthly card,and then try again.
    Hong Kong (+852)

Three (3G HSDPA):
    Activate : fail, phone : success , internet : fail

Peoples (2.5G EDGE)
    Activate : fail , phone : success , internet : success

Smartone-Vodafone
    Activate : success , (other not test)
    OMG I'm expecting the german pre will work on the hongkong Three network!! So Its doesn't work on 3G dose it work on 2G or edge?

Thank you
    I does not have the three 2G card to test ...

just find the smartone vondfone card can be used ...

I also cannot change the QWERTZ layout .... I have ask rwhitby about this ...
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Did you copy it out to /usr/lib/luna/ as well as /var/luna/data/ ?
    Hi, yes I did - I also confirmed that the changes I made to the table and the locations I sent them to by using 'CyberDuck' and all seems ok from a SQ edit persepective.

Not sure what is going on or what to do next!!!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast