Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr3wster View Post
    Oh, and Dakis, please add Vodafone UK to the list of supported. I got an e-mail back from Expansys UK (who I purchased my German Pre from) and they have told me that they put a Vodafone UK Sim in and it works perfectly ... this was after I already bought the phone ... just in case you're thinking they just said that to get the sale
    Thank you! I've updated the listing. Have fun with your Pre! Once you have it: can you check if MMS also works on Vodafone UK?

regards,

dakis
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Dakis, here is one more country for you to add, got my Pre working after some fiddling.
    For some reason my Pre was roaming a lot all day so I had big trouble sending the activation to Palm so it took until tonight until it finally was successful.

Sweden

Provider: Telia Sweden
    Status: Supported (activation, data, voice, SMS) MMS not supported.
    Last edited by Andreas; 10/22/2009 at 11:06 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Anyone tried out Pre in Czech Republic using the Vodafone network? I am highly interested in that as I would like to buy Pre in Germany which is nearby.
    Ukraine

MTS Ukraine (UMC) : voice&data - ok

KyivStar: voice - ok. No data (unfortunately, there is no KyivStar operator in the list being leader on the local market).
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Thanks Andreas + dubiki for the updates! I have updated the listing (sorry for the late update)
    T-Mobile US. If that works, I'm heading to Germany and pick one up myself.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    ok guys - I have mine running on Swisscom now. It's a major pain to get it going but once it's done, it's done.

Basically, for Swisscom, the following entries in the carrier db need to be changed using SQLITE (it's best to use the SQLITE Manager plugin for Firefox to do this unless you know how to do more or less complex SQL change queries on the command line):

Change the entry name from "Swisscom WEB" to "Swisscom PS"
    Change the value for supportedService to 1
    Change the value for Swisscom VPN to 2

Make sure you upload the carrier DB file to both relevant locations (/usr/lib/luna/ AND /var/luna/data/)

I won't post a whole tutorial here. What you need to do is:

1. get root access
    2. get the carrier db off the device
    3. make the changes
    4. upload the changed file.

There already are tutorials (in German - but those who use the Swisscom SIMs will likely be able to read them) to achieve this:

Palm Pre Root Zugang | Mobile Web Experience

Palm Pre mit allen Providern (Klarmobil, Aldi, Blau, usw...) benutzen [Anleitung]

dakis
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Update for Sweden

Provider: Telenor Sweden

Btw, Im just guessing on activation but since the other things works ok activation should too. Only problems ive seen with activation on another operator is that it declines the process due to that phone thinks that its roaming. It wasnt until it used edge that it was able to send the activation.

dakis:
    Ive managed to extract the database but I dont understand SQLite3, do you know of any graphical tool for SQL so thats its possible to see the tables instead?
    Last edited by Andreas; 10/23/2009 at 05:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Vodafone Italy
    Business SIM card

All ok (Activation, web, mms). APN web.omnitel.it
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    dakis:
    Ive managed to extract the database but I dont understand SQLite3, do you know of any graphical tool for SQL so thats its possible to see the tables instead?
    Yes, there's the sqlite manager plugin for firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5817

it's still not super user-friendly (took me some time to find the key), but it does the job.

Peter
    Hey

I used SQLite Expert Personal 2 SQLite Expert - SQLite Database Administration Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Update for Sweden

Provider: Telenor Sweden

Btw, Im just guessing on activation but since the other things works ok activation should too. Only problems ive seen with activation on another operator is that it declines the process due to that phone thinks that its roaming. It wasnt until it used edge that it was able to send the activation.

dakis:
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispazz View Post
    Vodafone Italy
    Business SIM card

All ok (Activation, web, mms). APN web.omnitel.it
    with Business SIM card you're referring to a sim with data plan enabled? if so then a private SIM card with data plan enabled too will do the same task?
    thank you in advance mate
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    My Vodafone plan works on web.omnitel.it.
    I know that some private plan use iphone.vodafone.it.....
    enough for me. just bought one. thank you.

ah and be sure I'll let you all know about it.
    just waiting from now
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I can say with a lot of joy, the German Pre activates without anyproblem over KPNs 3G network!! Now I'm diving into the wonderful Pre world!
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help, I used SQLite Database Browser so now ive got MMS working on my operator.
    Orange Austria

Also tested it with 2G and 3G and works without problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I can say with a lot of joy, the German Pre activates without anyproblem over KPNs 3G network!! Now I'm diving into the wonderful Pre world!
    Thanks for the Info, thats KPN Netherlands, if got you right? Would you be so kind and test the MMS service too?
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdp View Post
    I got VERY good news for you people out there!

I have just got 3 Denmark to work on my Pre!! And am so happy..
    3 Denmark did not have any entry in the DB so could not just update the entry.

What i did was:
    I took the 3 UK settings in CarrierNetworkSettings.db3.
    Changed the Name short and long to 3 DK. The APN settings and mms setting where changed to the Danish settings for 3.

Now mms and data works!

The interesting thing is that i did the same with another carrier and that did not work! So APNID or antoher ID must be used the get some other settings for the network..

But 3 uk -> 3 DK = Succes :-)
    From another thread.
    No one from Asia yet? Anyway I hope to get mine next week and will update you guys.
    Managed to play around with SQLite and I hope to be able to change the APN for one od my data providers which is different from the existing one in the database.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast