webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > O2 Pre + International networks
O2 Pre + International networks

Old 10/09/2010, 08:03 PM   #221 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko.subotica View Post
Hi and Hello to all ...

From today I am an proud owner of a PalmPre.
Yep it's a rare case here in Serbia, so support for a Palm is scarce

I just wanna brag, that I have succeeded in configuring the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 to get services on Vip Serbia network. Took me some time though!

So, if anyone needs it, just gimme a shout.

Poz!
Da li ti radi mms? slanje i primanje?
mms working?
kronos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2010, 10:13 AM   #222 (permalink)

Well, I'm using a UK (O2) Pre plus so I'm not sure if you'll put it on the list since the first post suspects those behave differently but here goes:

Singapore

Mobileone (M1)
Automatically detects network, Data and voice work, MMS unknown
Fatfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2010, 02:28 AM   #223 (permalink)

hello to everyone!

LATVIA:

Provider: LMT
Status: Supported (activation, data, mms, voice, 3G works fine)

Provider: TELE2
Status: Unsupported, but after manually editing of CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 everything works fine!

Provider: BITE
Status: Unsupported, but after manually editing of CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 everything works fine!
Old 11/24/2010, 05:44 AM   #224 (permalink)

Taiwan:

Taiwan Mobile
Automatically detects network, Data (3G) and voice work
Activation unknown
Old 11/30/2010, 06:02 PM   #225 (permalink)

can anyone tell me if pre plus will be working in bangladesh?
amhossain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2010, 06:06 PM   #226 (permalink)

sorry to not mentioning my carrier name. its grameenphone
amhossain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2010, 02:11 AM   #227 (permalink)

I just got an O2 pre and it works on 2degrees (Voice, 2g and 3g data) and Telecom XT (voice and 3g data) in New Zealand. Haven't had a chance to test on Vodafone, but I'm sure it'll work.
vanalstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2010, 11:39 AM   #228 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguinXY View Post
I'm using Sun Cellular in the Phillipines, and it works like a charm! I gonne try out Globe, maybe in a few weeks I can report about that!

I haven't tried MMS yet but GSM is working and phone and SMS is also working great!
Hope my report is conform and helps!
if you find out how to send mms, please update us i'm using the pre plus on smart. thanks!
rompre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2011, 02:14 PM   #229 (permalink)

OK, it seems that with a little bit of patience and manually editing the carrierdatabase everyone can use a GSM Pre in every country.... I solved the problema about configuring the database BUT still cannot use USSD commands!!

Well, to be honest the USSD commands on my PRE work in Italy under the italian operators and work perfectly even when I'm in roaming in Moldova under the local carrier but with an italian SIM (this means that both the PRE and the carrier recognize the USSD commands)

The problem arise when i put inside the PRE a SIM from a local provider.... the PRE can send USSD commands and write "USSD command succesful" BUT i do not receive any answer!

I think there shoud be somewhere in the OS a file just like the "carrierdatabase" but related to the USSD commands... maybe if I find the file and add the local carriers then I can get the USSD commands work fine in Moldova or in any other country!

any ideas? does anybody knows a program to navigate inside the directories of the PRE so I cand try to find that file???
Capitano69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2011, 06:40 PM   #230 (permalink)

tengo palm pre O2 comprado en Alemania y funcióna correctamente en Argentina.
I am using it in my country and works without problems. The carrier is Personal but they don,t sell it
bsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2011, 07:48 AM   #231 (permalink)

3 (three) Australia works. Data, voice, MMS & 3G. I don't know about activation.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2011, 04:34 PM   #232 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano69 View Post
OK, it seems that with a little bit of patience and manually editing the carrierdatabase everyone can use a GSM Pre in every country.... I solved the problema about configuring the database BUT still cannot use USSD commands!!

Well, to be honest the USSD commands on my PRE work in Italy under the italian operators and work perfectly even when I'm in roaming in Moldova under the local carrier but with an italian SIM (this means that both the PRE and the carrier recognize the USSD commands)

The problem arise when i put inside the PRE a SIM from a local provider.... the PRE can send USSD commands and write "USSD command succesful" BUT i do not receive any answer!

I think there shoud be somewhere in the OS a file just like the "carrierdatabase" but related to the USSD commands... maybe if I find the file and add the local carriers then I can get the USSD commands work fine in Moldova or in any other country!

any ideas? does anybody knows a program to navigate inside the directories of the PRE so I cand try to find that file???
There is issue with SIM cards. Try to change SIM card to new. For me it's works on Pixi 1.4.5
cort#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2011, 01:00 PM   #233 (permalink)

ukraine, provider utel\ukrtelecom
pre, pre+,pixi+ working fine.
roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2011, 04:45 PM   #234 (permalink)

pelase help me my phone is full dellete can not to be resolved. phone error pleaseeeee help me what do I do
faikiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2012, 04:29 AM   #235 (permalink)

I just got the Palm Pre, and I did "delete data", I thought it was a "factory settings", and my phone is turned on and its done it, I chose the language and we constantly seek Palm profile. I did not have the profile and I made it, but still impossible to use the phone. offers me only two options,
emergency calls
, And telephone hand set, which means that enroll apn, username and password my network
I do everything right and I type settings but will not connect to the web, I even changed the sim card, other networks, but still nothing. a both of sim cards are active and the other phones I have no problem with access to the web. what to do, the phone is unusable.
When I go to an emergency call and enroll any number I can call and talk to me but when someone calls or sends sms the phone does not respond.
If it is important to know the sim card that I have tried mtstelekom and Telenor Serbia.
please some help.
baneradic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 11:51 AM   #236 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispazz View Post
Any news about italian providers?

I need Vodafone (web.omnitel.it).

Thank you
Yes,International SIM Cards reduce your cost of roaming by as much as 90% depending on the provider you use. These cards also allow you to receive free incoming calls in many countries. You can get international SIM Card for USA for your Italy tour. It costs very low price than anyother international sim card. Also they are providing very good cusomer care services throgh online also.
Old 12/30/2012, 03:11 AM   #237 (permalink)

what is the network for india
Anish Varsha is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0