Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Thanks Torstein - I am now able to use MMS with my Pre through Telenor.
    Quote Originally Posted by surveymethods View Post
    hi

i am new here.

online survey software
    ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
    spam????
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

German Pre in:

Iceland
    Vodafone
    all working - 3g, sms, mms -- required manual settings (don't know about first use, I activated it in Germany)
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    O2 Pre in Switzerland with Swisscom work (I don't know if activation work)
    Is this applicable to the Palm Pre Plus from AT&T? Is that phone actually unlockable?
    Using the O2 UK version of Pre unlocked it and currently tested it with:
    T-Mobile
    3 UK
    Vodafone

3G is perfectly capable on all the networks above and everything else works fine
    Palm Pre is like an iPhone 5G, WebOS is unique.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    hello all,

i just got myself a palm pre plus a few days ago (from ebay, on O2 UK). i'm so happy, this is such a sexy and functional device (a rare combo!). i was previously an android early adopter (samsung i7500) and i'm so glad i made the switch. android is pretty cool but webos is just fantastic.

oh and thanks precentral forums for helping me make the decision
    German Pre.

Russia:

Provider: Beeline

Provider: MTS
    Zire 72 -> T|3 -> T|E -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pre 2
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Hi All,

Have just purchased a German Palm Pre whilst travelling here.
    Everything is working fine apart from the ability to purchase apps due to not having a German Visa Card.

In another thread I started some people have suggested trying a MyWirecard 2Go Visa (as distinct from some of their other offerings.)

This seems like it would be a great solution.

The trouble is it seems very hard to find for sale.

I have been in 3 German Cities/Towns now searching for this product. (Stuttgart, Augsburg, Konstanz)
    I have used their search link shown here:

mywirecard

I have visited some of the stores shown, we have rung several numbers but so far none of the shops know anything about it.

In addition we have rung MyWirecard themselves...incredibly they also seem to not know where their product can specifically be purchased. (At least the rep we spoke to.)

Has anyone ever seen a Wirecard 2go Visa...does this exist?

Is anyone aware of any other ways a non German from Australia can actually pay developers for their apps?

Any help would be much appreciated...I have one week left....I am now only really going to be in the Stuttgart area before travellling back home to Australia. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavoz View Post
    Is anyone aware of any other ways a non German from Australia can actually pay developers for their apps?
    On a side note, does anyone know if you can purchase apps with another EU Visa card when using a German Pre or does it have to be a German card?
    Hi
    Bought an unlock Pre Plus from SFR.
    Works like a charm out of the box. Activated via Singtel. No problems.

Service Provider- Singtel, Singapore
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavoz View Post
    Hi All,

Have just purchased a German Palm Pre whilst travelling here.
    Everything is working fine apart from the ability to purchase apps due to not having a German Visa Card.

In another thread I started some people have suggested trying a MyWirecard 2Go Visa (as distinct from some of their other offerings.)

This seems like it would be a great solution.

The trouble is it seems very hard to find for sale.

I have been in 3 German Cities/Towns now searching for this product. (Stuttgart, Augsburg, Konstanz)
    I have used their search link shown here:

mywirecard

I have visited some of the stores shown, we have rung several numbers but so far none of the shops know anything about it.

In addition we have rung MyWirecard themselves...incredibly they also seem to not know where their product can specifically be purchased. (At least the rep we spoke to.)

Has anyone ever seen a Wirecard 2go Visa...does this exist?

Any help would be much appreciated...I have one week left....I am now only really going to be in the Stuttgart area before travellling back home to Australia. Thank you.
    Just to provide an update in this thread...

I have managed to get Wirecard 2 Go Visa working in Australia so I can purchase apps on my German Pre! Am a very happy user!

more details over in this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...31#post2593831

Thank you so much to the Wirecard rep who contacted me via PM....without her help I would have not been able to do it...

The last challenge I'm sorting out is topping up more money on the card...

but so far I can highly recommend Wirecard 2 Go Visa as a very workable solution to buy apps on the German Pre! And also congratulate the Precentral Wirecard member here who made contact...fantastic service and support..well done and thank you!!
    Anyone know if activation and data work on Vodacom or MTN in South Africa?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Singapore:

Singtel

M1
    morocco:

palm pre movistar spain unlocked

meditel
    Hi and Hello to all ...

From today I am an proud owner of a PalmPre.
    Yep it's a rare case here in Serbia, so support for a Palm is scarce

I just wanna brag, that I have succeeded in configuring the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 to get services on Vip Serbia network. Took me some time though!

So, if anyone needs it, just gimme a shout.

Poz!
    Glad you got a Pre in Serbia My Pre Plus should be arriving tomorrow I'm in South Africa - they're also VERY rare here
    Just be sure, to be able to activate it!
    If it doesn't support south african networks, google "Bypass activation palm pre wifi"

Cheers!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    activate in Portugal Tmn, internet works mms to, no app catalog
    I'm using Sun Cellular in the Phillipines, and it works like a charm! I gonne try out Globe, maybe in a few weeks I can report about that!

I haven't tried MMS yet but GSM is working and phone and SMS is also working great!
    Hope my report is conform and helps!
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast