1.    #1  
    I just started really using the different media functionality on my Pre. I understand IF if update to 1.2.1 that I can use my itunes.
    Maybe this sounds lazy but I do not use exchange so I really have no reason to run the update. Plus I do not want to uninstall all of my patches and theme then have to try to reinstall them.

So with all of that said, what other programs are you all using and why did you pick that particular program?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Bottom line is that Palm will FORCE the update on you after a certain amount of days after it downloads on to your phone. Preware has a Emergency removal patch that removes all patches with one patch. So go ahead and do it because it WILL mess up certain functions to allow you to reinstall the patches. Just saying...

I'm still using itunes BTW...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    Bottom line is that Palm will FORCE the update on you after a certain amount of days after it downloads on to your phone. Preware has a Emergency removal patch that removes all patches with one patch. So go ahead and do it because it WILL mess up certain functions to allow you to reinstall the patches. Just saying...

I'm still using itunes BTW...
    Really. I had no idea that they push the update if not installed manually!!
    Some of my patches were installed using Preware but some were installed using WEBOS Quick Install.(Tweaks)
    Will the Preware program also install them?
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    Really. I had no idea that they push the update if not installed manually!!
    Some of my patches were installed using Preware but some were installed using WEBOS Quick Install.(Tweaks)
    Will the Preware program also install them?
    I would start with the preware ERP then check the phone with QI and remove the QI tweaks. The only patches that are not on preware is the auto correct dictionary and the web ad blocker. other than that all the patches can be done with preware.
    You shouldn't really have to uninstall any patches.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    You shouldn't really have to uninstall any patches.
    Really??? It was always my understanding that all patches, tweaks and themes needed to be uninstalled before running an OS update. It sure would be easier if I didn't.
    I just started really using the different media functionality on my Pre. I understand IF if update to 1.2.1 that I can use my itunes.
    Maybe this sounds lazy but I do not use exchange so I really have no reason to run the update. Plus I do not want to uninstall all of my patches and theme then have to try to reinstall them.

So with all of that said, what other programs are you all using and why did you pick that particular program?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I use j.river media jukebox and i love it it syncs perfectly with your pre. We cant rely on itunes. J. river is almost the same anyway
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by harold42483 View Post
    I use j.river media jukebox and i love it it syncs perfectly with your pre. We cant rely on itunes. J. river is almost the same anyway
    I will check it out this weekend. Thanks!
    Really??? It was always my understanding that all patches, tweaks and themes needed to be uninstalled before running an OS update. It sure would be easier if I didn't.
    Plenty of people upgraded to 1.2 with their tweaks and patches on with no issues. Plenty of other people upgraded to 1.2.1 with no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Plenty of people upgraded to 1.2 with their tweaks and patches on with no issues. Plenty of other people upgraded to 1.2.1 with no issues.
    I think u do have to uninstall all the tweaks/patches before upgrading the WebOs system.
    I have upgraded with all patches in place. I have not had a single problem yet.
    Why use a sync program? Just drag and drop your songs in the music folder.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Thats what Im doing for now too.... I do hope they get it working with the zune software eventually (its far better than itunes even if fewer people use it). Also want them to get the wifi sync to work with the zune. I personally hate connecting my pre in at all to transfer songs since I use touchstone exclusively it would be nice to wifi sync like the zune does.
    oh god yes PLEEEEASE allow me to sync with the zune software. I prefer thier podcast management system to Itunes.. I could just drag n drop music but for podcasts the itunes system is almost soviet in design
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    That is what I am also doing now but one of the things that I started doing was downloading some videos of the new show GLEE from you tube for my daughter to watch. I believe that when using Itunes and you drag a video into it, it formats it to fit the screen better and also makes it smaller in memory. Am I wrong?