Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    So my Pre locked up last night - froze and wouldn't power down. I had to take the battery out to get it to turn off. When it came back on, it asked me to sign into my Palm Profile - this is where the problem starts. I installed the Roam Only patch (along with many other wonderful patches) so my phone is now stuck in Roaming. When I try to sign into my profile, it alerts me that I'm roaming and asks me to Allow Roaming or Setup Later. I clicked Allow Roaming and tried to sign in. Now the real frustration: "Sign In Failed. You need to be connected to your service provider's network to sign in." How the fk am I supposed to do that when I can't get past this screen?! My phone is stuck on this Profile Setup.
    Ya....unfortunately you need to be on the Sprint network for initialization/profile setup.

Assuming you don't have any pictures/music on the Pre you can't live without...you could just webOS Doctor it and you would be up and running verily quickly.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Ya....unfortunately you need to be on the Sprint network for initialization/profile setup.

Assuming you don't have any pictures/music on the Pre you can't live without...you could just webOS Doctor it and you would be up and running verily quickly.
    Wonderful. Thanks I'll give that a shot shortly.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Well that didn't work. It's still stuck on Roaming (in an area where I'm not usually roaming). Have I bricked my Pre with the Roam Only patch?

Update:
    I think this might solve my problem
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...o-profile.html
    Last edited by blz2; 10/16/2009 at 10:09 AM.