1. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    I'm collecting my mail via pop3. I used to use TMobiles smtp server to send mail from my phone. Does anyone know the UK equivalent?

Thanks
    German user talking out of his *** here, but you shouldn't have to specify any servers. So far, with all email accounts I'm using with my Pre, it has perfectly worked after just giving it my mail address and a password.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    I'm collecting my mail via pop3. I used to use TMobiles smtp server to send mail from my phone. Does anyone know the UK equivalent?

Thanks
    For Gmail you can use Port 587 and TLS to access smtp.gmail.com with authentication on.

For any non-authenticated smtp access you need to use smtp.o2.co.uk with authentication on and the following:

username: your o2 webmail address (find this out via your My O2 page - webmail
    password: your o2 login password
    port 25
    no encryption

O2's smtp server setting may not work when on wifi (it doesn't for me on a virgin media connection) but will when on o2's data network.

HTH
    Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
    Martin Golding