Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Particularly PAYG - is it unlocked ? Does it work with other SIMs ?

    ( interested because it's a) cheaper than Germany and b) closer than Germany )
  2. #2  
    Will not work with other sims, on startup comes up with message:
    Enter Network Unlock Code
    Contact your carrier r the unlock code.

    on asking o2 Ireland say they are not supplying unlock codes.
  3. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #3  
    This guy in Ireland has it: willdeasy.com

    Unfortunately it seems that when a SIM card from another network is put in the Pre, the phone asks for an unlock code :

    Screenshot here: http://willdeasy.com/wp-content/uplo...7102009001.jpg

    Details here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-data-off.html
  4. AndrewP's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #4  
    I'm in NI on 02 but my contract has six months to run. Rather than break the contract, I was thinking of popping down to Dundalk and picking up a Pre. Anyone had any success with the UK O2 SIM in an RoI O2 Pre?

    Thanks,

    Andrew
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    Anyone had any success with the UK O2 SIM in an RoI O2 Pre?
    If this worked, it would seem to be the ideal way to pick up a contract-free Pre if you live in the UK.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckUKFlyer View Post

    on asking o2 Ireland say they are not supplying unlock codes.
    During the period of exclusivity. Once they lose that, they'll provide the unlock codes.
  7. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    Anyone had any success with the UK O2 SIM in an RoI O2 Pre?
    bump
  8. #8  
    No, it won't work. The Pre in Ireland has a SIM lock. If you put another network's SIM in, it'll ask you for the unlock code.
  9. #9  
    Has anynone ever tried an unlocking card, like these:

    DealExtreme: Search for unlock card (198 products in 29 categories)
  10. center15's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    Anyone had any success with the UK O2 SIM in an RoI O2 Pre?
    I'm currently trying to get my hands on an O2 UK sim to try!
  11. AndrewP's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #11  
    It's 50 miles from where I am to Dundalk so a long lunch break beckons. If the store has one in stock, and I don't get an unexpected meeting, I'll pop down today (Wed) and try one out.
  12. AndrewP's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #12  
    FAIL! Sorry, I didn't get down to Dundalk today. I spoke on the phone to the shop and they have Pres in stock but the woman said it wouldn't work with a UK 02 SIM. Might still go down to try it out for sure but it won't be this week.
  13. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    the woman said it wouldn't work with a UK 02 SIM.
    ...thanks for letting us know >>> back to square one!
  14. jeromem75's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #14  
    Maybe with the rebel sim II it might be the answer until there is a hack to get it unlocked.
    Very tempted, very tempted, girlfriend trying to convince me I don't need it while I have my iphone 3gs.....
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeromem75 View Post
    Maybe with the rebel sim II it might be the answer until there is a hack to get it unlocked.
    Very tempted, very tempted, girlfriend trying to convince me I don't need it while I have my iphone 3gs.....
    Its a lot more sluggish than the iphone but the multitasking is the compensation.
    Gx
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    FAIL! Sorry, I didn't get down to Dundalk today. I spoke on the phone to the shop and they have Pres in stock but the woman said it wouldn't work with a UK 02 SIM. Might still go down to try it out for sure but it won't be this week.
    I have an old O2 UK SIM which I put into my Irish pre and it works fine on the O2 IRL network. It shows up as roaming, calls & text are fine but not data...not sure if thats the SIM's problem or the Pre's

    Gx

Posting Permissions