1.    #1  
    Just spoken to O2 and have been told that the o2 open code cannot be used on the Pre. Also because of the problems with hardware the Pre was put on hold untill today, she said that it was ment to come to o2 sooner but had to undergo additional testing to ensure that it was in her words "good enough for o2 to release" On a side note I also wfound out that to insure an iphone 3gs costs an unreal £15 EXTRA each month
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Pretty sad that Palm seems locked up by the Telefoncia/O2 contract, they need to get them phones out to the whole world.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Not very helpful here, but what is the O2 open code?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Pretty sad that Palm seems locked up by the Telefoncia/O2 contract, they need to get them phones out to the whole world.
    Seconded!
  5.    #5  
    An o2 open code allows you to have 30% off your monthly bill, it was given to me by my employer. I used it when I got my iphone 3g so why not the Pre? I think the Pre is doomed on o2. The lady I spoke to told me she had sold ONE. Palm needs more networks!!!!
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kamakazikev24 View Post
    An o2 open code allows you to have 30% off your monthly bill, it was given to me by my employer. I used it when I got my iphone 3g so why not the Pre? I think the Pre is doomed on o2. The lady I spoke to told me she had sold ONE. Palm needs more networks!!!!
    I've just come back from the local O2 store, they said I was the first person to ask about the pre (they have two demo units) and that they had sold none.

I'm still baffled at the very poor job that 02 have done with the marketing, it like the Pre didn't exist until today.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I was a bit gutted i couldnt use my O2 discount card this morning too, but still got the Pre!
    Got it at roughly 11am and they had only sold 4... I was expecting queues out the door.
    Every single friend I know has used an o2 open code to get their Iphone. I understand that o2 has banned the use of the code for Iphone since June (due to stock shortages - this may have changed now)

The Iphone is ridiculously overpriced in the UK compared to other phones. Once the dust settles and o2 looks at how much they have made on the Iphone it will be a lot less than they expected - the only winner being Apple.

The got the Pre as a desperation move. I will state this as a fact - Vodaone has the best network in the UK. I have used all networks and Voda is far and away the best - they cost the most as well.

Everyone wants a good deal but all the money o2 spent on getting and selling the iphone is money they did not spend on their customer service or network which is so laggy (yes I own an Iphone on o2 but I bought the iphone full price and bought an o2 sim only contract as it was cheap and was maily for the internet access)

Sorry to say but the Pre is still born on the o2 network.

Why Palm didnt release the Pre months ago is beyond me. I am a big Voda customer and once they have the n900 they will have all my business. The Pre will fail against the mass of Winmo 6.5, Android and Iphone and Nokias.

Sad.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    The two demonstration units / no interest thing happened to me too Ė itís worrying. And as has been pointed out elsewhere, it doesnít help that the overwhelming majority of O2 sales assistants have iPhones on them.
    Just spoken to O2 and have been told that the o2 open code cannot be used on the Pre. Also because of the problems with hardware the Pre was put on hold untill today, she said that it was ment to come to o2 sooner but had to undergo additional testing to ensure that it was in her words "good enough for o2 to release" On a side note I also wfound out that to insure an iphone 3gs costs an unreal £15 EXTRA each month

just got mine, £7.50 a month for insurance from o2!
    Last edited by searley; 10/16/2009 at 10:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by searley View Post
    just got mine, £7.50 a month for insurance!
    Yeah I side stepped that one.... must be cheaper alternatives.

MSE usually helps me with thought like that:
    moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cheap-mobile-phone-insurance
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gAnDo View Post
    Yeah I side stepped that one.... must be cheaper alternatives.

MSE usually helps me with thought like that:
    moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cheap-mobile-phone-insurance
    Ask your house insurance provider.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Ask your house insurance provider.
    or your bank. £7.50 is not to bad but £15!!!! simple math I know but an insured iphone 3gs on a £35 a month contract...... £50 a month!!!! there having a laugh.
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    or your bank. £7.50 is not to bad but £15!!!! simple math I know but an insured iphone 3gs on a £35 a month contract...... £50 a month!!!! there having a laugh.

My phone and the cost of a full replacement was £8.50 on my home insurance per year.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    You know, I think ours was £17 right until Charlie?s iPhone. It's more now...

Anybody would think they're vulnerable to theft or broken screens, or something!
    My Treo680 is named and covered on my "All Risks" business insurance policy.

It costs £7 per year, for £250 cover.

So when I get my Pre I'll update the value of the cover on my All Risks policy
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway