Okay, here are just a few of mine...

emp = my Prodigy e-mail address
    emg = my GMail address
    jd = my name [my initials change to my name]
    ui = my most common user ID [for logging into all those web sites]
    ct = can't talk.
    iam = in a meeting.
    cul = call you later.
    Thanks for sharing some of your shortcuts.
    I constantly use it for text messaging. To get started, I used constant phrases like:
    omw= on my way; rl= running late; awrt= are we riding together (I carpool); ih= I'm hear;

In addition, I looked up text shortcut phrases to really get rolling. It truly makes e-mails, texts, and documents quick tasks on your Pre. I use it multiple times per day.
    Rick-I was excited to find the auto complete for the Pre. I really miss the featues from my past Treos. However, I downloaded the program & created a couple of auto complete shortcuts, then hit the activate changes button but the shortcuts don't do anything in either my email or messagimg programs. . Can you help me out?

Thanks, Willy
    I for filling out mobile forms on my phone or when people ask I use such things as:

myname|
    myadd|
    mycity|
    myzip|
    myeml|
    mydebit|

Etc.

I also have the shortcuts built in for the days of the month i.e. rfth|25th. I don't use this application anymore and just edit the file myself but it is a very good app for those that are Unix challenged or don't want the hassel of editing the list manually.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    anyway to load all of your shortcuts into your app? Yes, im that lazy.... Trying to test your app and a few of my shortcuts.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    ctn - Cannot text now, driving, call me (only when my car is stopped)
    Wow, this is great, thanks a bunch!
    so when is this going into preware or app catalog anyways ? I will buy it when it does.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeiss View Post
    i need to get my comments up past 10. sorry
    I feel your pain haha, I spent a lot of time typing a nice tutorial for people but couldn't submit it until I had 10 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    ctn - Cannot text now, driving, call me (only when my car is stopped)
    I was going to recommend this to people. I have the following set up:

b | I'm driving right now, I'll text you soon.
    bb | I'm driving right now, I'll text you later.

I strongly recommend making similar entries. I used "b" because it's right above the space. If I have to use it while driving in a pinch I can feel the keys out. And what do you have "b" mapped to anyway? "be"? That's one extra letter. I think the convenience of this is far worth having to spell out "be".

Having your common usernames is good (mentioned above), but on some websites it won't log you in if you keep a space after your username. For these you have to type <[shortcut] [space] [space] [backspace] [backspace]> because simply deleting the first space undoes the autocorrection.

Other than this most of mine are pretty standard.
  11.    #31  
    I had a user ask about having dollar symbols as part of their shortcut. This isn't allowed through AutoCorrect Edit or through the dictionary file, but my recommendation is to not even use the symbol, but use the h letter (since on the keyboard, the $ is accessed by using the h key anyway). This way, you don't need to use two hands (hold orange-h) or press two buttons (press orange modifier, then h) to type your shortcut.

Also, this one was mentioned, and I don't know if it's within the thread... the shortcut for the word "anyone". The user wanted to use "ne1", but couldn't because of a bug in ACE (I know, I gotta fix that one). I recommended to just use "nee" since that's easier to type than ne1 (where you need to use both the orange key + e).

Hope this helps people make their typing more efficient.
    wo WORKING 9 - 7
    wc WORKING 1 - C
    sc SCHEDULE CHANGE OFF
    dry Pickup/Drop Off Cleaning
    bnk Go to the Bank
    hc Haircut
    lu LUNCH:
    di DINNER:
    te TEXT:
    em EMAIL:
    ca CALL:
    ev EVENT:
    me MEET:
    dpt DEPARTING TRAVEL PLANS
    rpt RETURN TRAVEL PLANS

bf - boyfriend
    brb - Be Right Back
    btw - By the way
    faq - Frequently Asked Questions
    fyi - For Your Information
    imho - In my humble opinion
    imo - In My Opinion
    impe - In My Personal Experience
    iow - In Other Words
    isp - Internet Service Provider
    jk - Just kidding
    lol - Laughing Out Loud
    lmao - laughing my *ss off
    nm - no message
    nt - no text displayed in a message
    ioc - Oh I See
    rofl - Rolling On Floor Laughing
    roflol - Rolling On Floor Laughing Out Loud
    roflmao - Rolling On Floor Laughing My *ss off
    snafu - Situation Normal; All Fouled Up
    so - Significant Other
    thx - Thanks
    tos - Terms Of Service
    url - Web Page Address
    wb - Welcome Back
    wo - Without
    wysiwyg - What You See Is What You Get
    ygwypf - You Get What You Pay For
    Last edited by 65K09; 03/11/2010 at 02:04 PM.
    I have had AutoCorrect Edit since Nov. 2009 and it is one app I use every day. I just had to use the WebOSDoctor to fix numerous issues on my Pre as a result of the PalmOS 1.4 update. Alas, my Homebrew apps were wiped out and it has taken me days to re-create my Pre back to where it was with the apps and patches that required me to enter data.

The only Homebrew app I have been able to re-install without any hand-entry of previous data is AutoCorrect Edit. I contacted Rick, the developer, and he let me know that all of my previous entries could be restored. I had no idea this feature existed in ACE. Instead of having to re-enter all of my shortcuts, they had been saved for me! How cool is that?

So, if the unthinkable happens and you have to erase your Pre back to factory settings, rest assured that your AutoCorrect Edit will be restored to just the way it was with a couple of simple taps! Sure wish I could say the same for all other apps!

Thanks, Rick, for thinking ahead and planning for a Pre crash! It's made my life a whole lot easier!
    harborgirl
    I cannot get it to work either. I tried:
    wqs +/-:
    ** F/U:

neither worked. Is it the punctuation marks?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I'm wondering: How do different ACE users distinguish shortcuts for "your" and "year"? Anybody develop system for remembering shortcuts for similar words like that?
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Rick,

1. How can import your suggestions into my phone?

2. If I saved my own dictionary on my cpu what would the file be named?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlwagner View Post
    I'm wondering: How do different ACE users distinguish shortcuts for "your" and "year"? Anybody develop system for remembering shortcuts for similar words like that?
    I use ur for your and yr for year on my pre...
    I can't get this to work. The only thing I can do is take out a word, but I cannot edit or create my own shortcut. I have tried through usb and through the app itself and it will not change. I also am unable to quick boot, when I select activate changes, it gives the option to reboot, I select yes and it doesn't even reset, it just sits there as if I never made a command. Any suggestions?

Also, I reset the phone manually after I made the "supposed" changes and still nothing. As usual, looking for help and hoping for a response, even though that can be far fetched around here....
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    I can't get this to work. The only thing I can do is take out a word, but I cannot edit or create my own shortcut. I have tried through usb and through the app itself and it will not change. I also am unable to quick boot, when I select activate changes, it gives the option to reboot, I select yes and it doesn't even reset, it just sits there as if I never made a command. Any suggestions?

Also, I reset the phone manually after I made the "supposed" changes and still nothing. As usual, looking for help and hoping for a response, even though that can be far fetched around here....
    I have the same results as above. I am using the demo.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbaratz View Post
    I have the same results as above. I am using the demo.
    I have the exact same problem. Any suggestions? Known apps or patch conflicts? I'm on Verizon w/os 1.4.1.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast