Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I haven't been able to get that to work on any weather site... (It should have said "Weather Channel"... No idea where I got Accuweather...)

G..
    Last edited by Guvner; 10/17/2009 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Mistake of the first magnitude...
    Download the Weather.com app. It has animated radar on it. I like it better than Accuweather.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRob94 View Post
    Download the Weather.com app. It has animated radar on it. I like it better than Accuweather.
    why?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    The only thing that is animated on the accuweather app is that annoying advertising bar. Map is not animated.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    The only thing that is animated on the accuweather app is that annoying advertising bar. Map is not animated.
    I hated that stupid bar..
    you can get free animated radar on. Ur phone just go to the weather channel.com its web site is sizes for the phone to . Works great for local rader.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you can get free animated radar on. Ur phone just go to the weather channel.com its web site is sizes for the phone to . Works great for local rader.
    that's the way to go if you want to use the weather channel. Accuweather's app may have an animated ad banner, but at least it disappears after two seconds. Ads on Weather Channel's app never disappear, and they eat up a lot of screen real estate.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    that's the way to go if you want to use the weather channel. Accuweather's app may have an animated ad banner, but at least it disappears after two seconds. Ads on Weather Channel's app never disappear, and they eat up a lot of screen real estate.
    That is true too. I use justweather.com and the radar is very current unlike some others that are over 10 minutes old. Unfortunately justweather.com is only in a few cities.
    I just checked.....The Accuweather app most certainly doesn't have animated radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Guvner View Post
    I might have missed it but did anyone notice Accuweather had animated radar?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    So far that is the best local animated radar I've seen on my Pre so far. Everything else seems to just show South East US radar animated. I live in South Florida which often has scattered showers. It could be raining a mile away and stay completely dry where I am. If anyone else can recommend any other good local animated radar sites or apps please let us know.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Ahh, I just got around to installing the Weather Channel App. It has a nice animated local radar. Though the Weather Channel mobile website local radar isn't that shabby either.
    http://m.wickens.ws/wx

Great radar for the Pre
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swedub View Post
    So far that is the best local animated radar I've seen on my Pre so far. Everything else seems to just show South East US radar animated. I live in South Florida which often has scattered showers. It could be raining a mile away and stay completely dry where I am. If anyone else can recommend any other good local animated radar sites or apps please let us know.
    I live in Miami and use this one. Very good animated radar and very up to the minute. Try it out...Miami JustWeather.com | Miami Weather | Home

The biggest gripe I have with these radars is how old they are. Being in Miami particularly during the rainy hurricane season it does me no good to see a radar that's 10 to 20 minutes old.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Yep.. I screwed up... Don't know where I got Accuweather out of the Weather Channel animated radar. Sorry.. Just being incompetant I guess...

G..
    Another good weather site that has animated radar is Weather Underground.

They have a mobile version that displays really nice on the Pre. Once you see the forecast for your area scroll down the page to look at the radar image.

http://i.wund.com
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRob94 View Post
    Another good weather site that has animated radar is Weather Underground.

They have a mobile version that displays really nice on the Pre. Once you see the forecast for your area scroll down the page to look at the radar image.

Weather Underground for iPhone
    I like that site too, but last I checked, the animated radar doesn't work there. Turning the animated radar on with the button does nothing. If it did work, I would use only it, because it has the most comprehensive info. Weatherbug only edges it out in the maps with layers department. Weather Channel has the best animated zoom radar. Between the 3, I guess we're covered.