Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That is the link to request an invite from Google. It usually takes a lot longer than 5-10 minutes! Like I said, I did it back when the Google Voice app came out in the App Catalog (a month ago maybe? I don't recall) and just got it this week.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    That's right! It is the link to request an invite. I requested a second invite. after receiving and setting up my first invite.

I got the email less than 5 mins later!

Try it for yourself!

I got it less than 5 mins later!!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    BTW, FWIW... It took exactly 13 days to get my first invite.

I entered my info on the 3rd and got it the morning of the 16th.
    I would love an invite if I could. I had an invite when they first came out and since I could not really use it I did not try to login until a month later when it was already expired.

If you would be so kind I would love an invite at anzollo@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I had to wait a month.
    I've been waiting three. If anyone has an invite, I would greatly appreciate it.
    I bought two in ebay and now just got my free invite, go figure
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecp421 View Post
    I bought two in ebay and now just got my free invite, go figure
    I'm seriously considering "eBaying" it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by lxcusic View Post
    please me please give me an invite i have been trying for 4 months now
    If you want one that badly, buy one off ebay. I got one for $3.50 and had it set up in less than 15 minutes. The other day there was one for a buy it now price of $2.75.
    I applied for one, and got it like 8 weeks later.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I bought one on Ebay for about 3.50 4 weeks ago. A week later Google sent me a invite.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  11. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Be aware that their terms suggest the can cancel all your numbers if they ever figure out you're using more than one.

I was able to find an available number that is only a single digit different than my real number. Like this:

ABC-DEF-GHIJ cell
    ABC-DEF-GHIK gvoice

Really helps me not to forget it!

xtn
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Be aware that their terms suggest the can cancel all your numbers if they ever figure out you're using more than one.
    I believe they said the same thing about Gmail but they never enforced it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I believe they said the same thing about Gmail but they never enforced it.
    I have a gmail account, my wife has one, and we use another for our family. Both the wife and I have our GVoice numbers. I was disappointed that we couldnt tie my cell to two GVoice numbers (mine and the family's). But I wonder if you can use one GVoice number to point to another?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    i just got my invite to day im liking it so far...does google charge when you make a call because when i check my account online it says chared $0.10 and how can i make the sms not show up on my pre text messages??
    Something to consider if you are on Sprint: Calls from your Google number and to your Google number do not qualify as unlimited Mobile to Mobile minutes. Your Google number is recognized as a land line and will use your anytime minutes as such. Also, while you can text with your Google number, it (currently) does not send or receive MMS.

It's something to think about if you are considering widely distributing your new Google number.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I put in a request and got mine I think a week or two later. Had it for a couple months now I think and like it a bunch. Still trying to figure out the best way to use it but it has been helpful so far.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mackgunz View Post
    i just got my invite to day im liking it so far...does google charge when you make a call because when i check my account online it says chared $0.10 and how can i make the sms not show up on my pre text messages??
    I think it only charges for int'l calls. They do give you a credit of $0.10 initially so that might be what you are seeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    Something to consider if you are on Sprint: Calls from your Google number and to your Google number do not qualify as unlimited Mobile to Mobile minutes. Your Google number is recognized as a land line and will use your anytime minutes as such. Also, while you can text with your Google number, it (currently) does not send or receive MMS.

It's something to think about if you are considering widely distributing your new Google number.
    A workaround for this is to get pick3/5 with Sprint and have the gvoice number be one of those. Works for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12