Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    ok here's my problem i hope i can get some help with this. So ive installed filecoaster and preware on my pre everything was running smoothly at first but then i ran into an issue where the filecoater and official app store apps where downloading at an extremley slow rate. i hit download and nothing happens it just stays frozen for about 3 minutes before it starts downloading, then it starts to download as its about to finish it it locks up again for another 3 mins then says installed.
    Does anyone else have this problem or know of a way to fix it.
    Last edited by deadpool1; 10/15/2009 at 11:47 PM. Reason: horrible grammer and punctuation this is slightly better
    [insert capslock pic/punctuation remark]
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpool1 View Post
    ok heres my problem i hope i can help on this weel anyways so ive installed filecoaster preware and my issue is that now when i go to file coaster or the official app store and i click download it takes ages before it starts downlading and then locks up again right before it says installs my question is if anyone else is having this problem or am i doing something wrong i have the latest version of quick install and i believe im following the steps correctly if you believe im doing something wrong please let me know what it is. Or if anyone else is having this problem is there a fix is it preware or webosquick install
    my ears are bleeding. stop yelling!!!!!
    First of all, as much as I hate to say it, please learn to construct proper sentences. I don't care if it's perfect, but you've only got one period in your entire post, and it should have been a semi-colon.

As far as your particular issue; it may be because you have too many apps installed and you're having trouble with the arbitrary app limits imposed by WebOS.

Search the forums for, "fair dinkum."
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Just return your Pre.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    ok sorry about the caps lock i was pretty much half way through before i noticed and decided not to change it. which i realize now that i should have, as for the punctuation didnt really care for it once again now regret not adding them. but onto the issue any real ideas as to what the problem may be or any one else have the same problem
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    my ears are bleeding. stop yelling!!!!!
    made my day lol
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    Just return your Pre.
    no its not the pre i ran webos doctor on it downloaded some apps just fine its just when i get the patches in that it starts this
    ok sorry about the caps lock i was pretty much half way through before i noticed and decided not to change it. which i realize now that i should have, as for the punctuation didnt really care for it once again now regret not adding them. but onto the issue any real ideas as to what the problem may be or any one else have the same problem
    Yes there are ideas, and I already said what mine was.

In addition to typing such bad posts that they are difficult to read, you're also not reading the responses.

I would suggest going back and reading my first post again.
    no its not the pre i ran webos doctor on it downloaded some apps just fine its just when i get the patches in that it starts this
    He wasn't being completely serious about returning your Pre. He said that as an insult. i.e. - you are too stupid to own a smart phone, so you should return it. Not a very nice thing to say, and I could be wrong about his intended meaning, but that's certainly the impression I got.
    ha ha, now i think you are just messin with everyone with your punctuation! If not this post makes me laugh even harder!!!!ha ha lol
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    First of all, as much as I hate to say it, please learn to construct proper sentences. I don't care if it's perfect, but you've only got one period in your entire post, and it should have been a semi-colon.

As far as your particular issue; it may be because you have too many apps installed and you're having trouble with the arbitrary app limits imposed by WebOS.

Search the forums for, "fair dinkum."
    sorry about that i was in a rush to type it in and i really didn't care for all the punctuation. anyways im going to go ahead and add fair dinkum to see if that fixes the problem
    I'm having the same problem. I tried to download apps from the official app store and after I chose an app and press download, it hangs for about 3 minutes and then says that the app store is not available.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    yupp funny though looking at all these responses
    To be honest, I have the issue as well as a coworker. She has no where near as many apps as I do, and has zero homebrew-anything done to it. She has maybe 5 apps from the app catalog, but not more. It hangs right after tapping the download button, and it eventually comes back, downloads, then hangs on the install, and finally returns.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    yupp funny though looking at all these responses
    yea mine hangs for the same amount of time but finally installs it. m going to try fair dinkum and see if that fixes it
    It will not even let me install the apps. Just says app store unavaliabe and I have tried it whith about 4 different apps. One of them a new app, one of them an upgrade and one of them an old app. Just stated happening to me 2 days ago and has ever since. Before that I could download apps just fine and nothing has changed from then to now.
    ELWmusic1 & Version_3

Please read this whole discussion. I know it can be hard to wade through deadpool1's poor grasp of the English language in writing, and my arrogant *****ing about it, but the solution to this has already been discussed.

Read, people!

Okay, fine. I'll post it again. Use the search feature, and search for "fair dinkum"
    I have only about 10 apps installed and they do not total anywhere near the 256MB limit. That is not the problem. I do not even get the not enough memory error message.

I can read *******.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    same thing with me but people love being d**** about it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast