1.    #1  
    my friend works at sprint, and was able to hook me up with a great deal on my plan as well as the phone. I wanted to get the hero, but I had the G1 on ATT and wanted to try the webOS. so far, i like the pre a lot! i homebrewed it and have a nice theme and lots of apps. glad is switched from att to pre. only minor issue i have is sometimes in the web browsing, the screen wont go to landscape to portrait...but other than that it is a great phone and am very happy. these forums have offered a lot of help to modding my phone!
    Welcome aboard! For a moment there, I had to read your title twice, I thought that was a different model of Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackvise5 View Post
    ....only minor issue i have is sometimes in the web browsing, the screen wont go to landscape to portrait...
    The accelerometer does not work if you hold the screen parallel to the ground. Hold it upright then rotate the device clockwise/counterclockwise. You will notice the screen orientate faster than any other device currently out...
  4.    #4  
    wow, thank you so much! it totally works every time now. why does it matter if its parallel or perpendicular?
    wow, thank you so much! it totally works every time now. why does it matter if its parallel or perpendicular?
    Think about it. Set the Pre on its back on the a table. Now, spin the phone into Landscape mode. How would the phone know that you spun it 90 degrees? It can't.

Here's another test, set the Pre on the table, now leaving the phone where it is you rotate around the table. The phone won't got from portrait to landscape either.

The changing is based on gravity, if it can't detect that you have rotated the phone, it can't change orientation.
    the iPhone has the same issue. It just has to do with how the accelerometer works. All versions of the iPhone have had this.
  7.    #7  
    good point. i should have figured that out before. its all good now, thanks again!
    Can someone tell me how to put a Tread up please.. I AM SOOOO HAPPY WITH SPRINT
    Last edited by chile_man; 10/15/2009 at 11:44 PM.
    hello !

I just got a pre too. It's version Palm webOS 1.2.1 .

How do I use msn on this phone?

I did just read a previous post about installing plug ins to do so, but i'm new to smart phones and not sure how to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by chile_man View Post
    Can someone tell me how to put a Tread up please.. I AM SOOOO HAPPY WITH SPRINT
    Go the the appropriate forum in which to place your thread and then click on the New Thread button at the top of the page.
  11. JW
    Congrats! I'm still waiting on my Pre that I ordered Wednesday. Evidently, I'm going to have to wait all weekend until Monday to get it.
    Congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by alcollis View Post
    hello !

I just got a pre too. It's version Palm webOS 1.2.1 .

How do I use msn on this phone?

I did just read a previous post about installing plug ins to do so, but i'm new to smart phones and not sure how to do so.
    not sure what you mean "installing msn". MSN is a portal, or email or a messengering service...what do you mean?
    I don't think it's strictly a tech limitation. I think it's practical. Otherwise, your phone would be flippin' the screen around every time you turn a corner, show a friend your screen, or go up and down a hill.

Btw, welcome and enjoy!
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.