1.    #1  
    The onscreen (virtual) keyboard is really nice and well done (although I have problems with my big fingers).

Question, though? How do I dismiss it, once it's up? Is there a way, short of closing the app I opened it to?
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

tap gesture area once.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    tap gesture area once.
    Thanks! (I would have sworn I tried that, but obviously not.)
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

Installed the keyboard today and had the same issue. Thanks Kyusaku for the tip!!
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Just make sure that you have the cursor in an editable text field when you do the tap - otherwise it won't close. That was giving me problems for a while.
    Thanks. Was wondering the same thing.
    how do i get the keys in the vitual keyboard to vibrate like the dialpad tweak? is it in the settings, or is it not possible?
    ^^Try the virtual keyboard tweak in WebOSquickinstall. It has haptic feedback as an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    ^^Try the virtual keyboard tweak in WebOSquickinstall. It has haptic feedback as an option.
    so this is not possible through preware?
    ^^Not sure, I haven't tried Preware yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    ^^Not sure, I haven't tried Preware yet.
    I installed mine through preware and didnt have the click or haptic feedback,had to tweak it through WebOS Quick install.Follow these instuctions.
    On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    Unfortunately, I'm still having issues with the keyboard not going away. I've noticed it seems to work much better with the browser multipatch not installed. However it's useless for web browsing without that patch This issue is listed as 'active' on the bug list page so they are aware of it. It will be great once they work out the bugs.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I just install virtual keyboard via preware how do I activate it?
    Double-tap the gesture area, or tap both sides at once, I believe. You have to be somewhere that accepts text input though.

I deleted the keyboard because every key image showed up in my photos. I may have had an older version, has that quirk been fixed yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I just install virtual keyboard via preware how do I activate it?

Double tap on the gesture area. Dude, you didn't read the instructions of VK at all before installing?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    dang nothing is working
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Ah reading is fundamental "When in text field double tap gesture area"...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Double-tap the gesture area, or tap both sides at once, I believe. You have to be somewhere that accepts text input though.

I deleted the keyboard because every key image showed up in my photos. I may have had an older version, has that quirk been fixed yet?
    What do you mean "every key image showed up in my photos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    That issue was caused by the release of WebOS 1.2.x and was fixed shortly thereafter, so you were probably running an older version.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    Thanks! (I would have sworn I tried that, but obviously not.)
    When I first started using it I actually closed it by accident a lot. LOL.