1.    #1  
    n i mean really bricked it? like web dr cant save it kinda brick? cuz that happened to mine and im wondering if any1 else has shared this problem...getting a replacement has been a nightmare so i dont wanna brick it again so i wanna know if one of the patches was the culprit or if it was just a bad fon...thanks in advance for ur help
    The only time I really messed up my Pre was by accident (kinkd off). I was trying to download WebOS quick istall and ended up Doctoring my phone. I needed to get home so I unpluged it from the computer at work half way thru the process and the phone just didn't respond at all, it would only show the palm logo and rebooted itself. I posted my ordeal here in this forum and someone replied with the solution. Ever since I have put in every patch that there is and I've never had a problem at all. If you just follow the instruction well, you should have a problem at all if you decide to add any patches.
    Did you follow the WebOS Doctor procedure that has been outlined on this forum over and over, ie turning off the phone, holding the volume up button, and plugging in the usb cable at the same time? WebOS Doctor won't work unless you do this. There isn't a single patch you could do that would permanently brick a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Did you follow the WebOS Doctor procedure that has been outlined on this forum over and over, ie turning off the phone, holding the volume up button, and plugging in the usb cable at the same time? WebOS Doctor won't work unless you do this. There isn't a single patch you could do that would permanently brick a phone.
    this.

I dont think there has been a single Pre that couldnt be recovered in software. Barring hardware issues of course.
    Nope. I had one issue when I tried to update the phone with too low a battery...had to charge my phone for a few hours before I could get the doctor to work.
  6.    #6  
    yeah i did just that...web os was working and everything...it was charging my fon...but then once it charged enough to boot itself it started up n would get stuck at the palm screen. that was the end of it. i tried over and over but that was the end result...
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I dont think there has been a single Pre that couldnt be recovered in software. Barring hardware issues of course.
    100% agree. Palm has installed an override for the phone with the volume up power deal to force USB mode. It is in ROM I believe and not part of the OS. Unless the chip is damaged, other hardware issue or user not understanding, it can't be done. It might even be a similar way Palm puts the software on the new empty chip when the phone is first made.

I take that back. There is one way:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 10/15/2009 at 05:53 PM.