Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    On all of my old phones I was able to set-up chain dialing or prepended dialing. I took my Pre to the Sprint store and he didn't know how to set it up. I have also searched the help and couldn't find.

Basically, I want to press the contact for my work voice mail (audex.) Then after it answers I would press talk and it would enter my extension, wait 2 seconds and then my password.

Anyone know how to do this on the Pre?
    I know you can add the letter 't' between the number and an extension and the Pre will pause and then type the extension automatically. I can set any contact to do this but I haven't figured out how to change the predetermined vmail number to include the 't' and extension.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    My Panasonic Dect cordless phone is set up so you have 2 contact entries. You first have to use the 1st contact to dial the number and then select a second contact that has the extension and password.

I tried it and it didn't work. There has to be a way to do this. I have programmed phones to do this for 10 years.
    Use the method that djcheez1 mentioned and it should work perfectly, though perhaps not the way you're used to. Just create a new contact for your voice mail. Assuming your voice mail # is 555-555-1212, your extension is 1411, and your passcode is 1234. The number you'd enter for your contact would be;

555-555-1212tttt1411tt1234

Each "t" gives you about a 2 second pause. Using a "#" in the strings tells the phone to wait for your input before proceeding. Some phone systems require you to enter some key prior to entering your extension, mine requires a "5" to interrupt the message and prompt for your extension. You can program that into the string as well.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    "t" is a soft pause and "p" a hard pause (you must push "dial xxxx" button on dialpad) on the Pre. I tried "#" but that didn't work for me.

My gripe is that redialing any number with a string from the call log isn't possible. It only redials the first 10 digits from the call log, not the rest of the string.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I tried entering it as 1 contact with ppppp's in between but it didn't work. There needs to be cue for the phone to enter the password and extension string.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfinder View Post
    I tried entering it as 1 contact with ppppp's in between but it didn't work. There needs to be cue for the phone to enter the password and extension string.
    You can use multiple "t"'s, but just one "p" is used to create a hard pause.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I copied the exact characters from my old phone.

5555551212p1111#t111113

The problem is that after it dials the 1st number and audex answers there is no trigger for the second string with the ext and password.

On all of my old phones when you heard the audex voice you would next press talk again and that would trigger the second string.