1.    #1  
    I am hoping for some guidance from a WebOS guru;
    I have around 1000 contacts in Outlook both personal and business. I have just migrated to an Exchange server and would now like to segregate them, business on exchange to share with associates, and personal on old Outlook or Google, without getting double entries. Does WebOS really merge them without doubling them? Is there a way to delete ALL the contacts on the phone, turn it off, make the change on my desktop, then turn the phone on again and "sync" the two new lists? Please note, right now there are NO contacts in my exchange account, just Outlook. I am afraid if I just copy the 900 business contacts from Outlook to Exchange and delete them from Outlook, because they are already on the phone, the business ones will now be doubled by Exchange.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by beboyle View Post
    I am afraid if I just copy the 900 business contacts from Outlook to Exchange and delete them from Outlook, because they are already on the phone, the business ones will now be doubled by Exchange.
    Well, I'm hardly a WebOS guru, but here's my $.02 ...

I think you need to be a little more specific when you say "they are already on the phone" ... how did they get there, are you "synced" with Outlook now? I'm not as familiar with how you sync with Outlook ... but using Google as my default account, if I delete contacts on Google, then they get deleted on the Pre.

So, I think what you want to do is to copy your business contacts to Exchange (but DON'T add that account and sync with that yet), delete them from Outlook and make sure it's synced (which should delete them on the Pre, leaving only your personal contacts), and THEN add the Exchange account (which should sync the business contacts). Yes?