Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    2 new apps are out today. Wonder if we will see more.

TWiT by Mediafly.............FREE
    Mediafly Mobile................FREE
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    O NO!

I'm running around in the house as we speak.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    even better if we can install them!! PALM FIX THE FREAKING LIMIT ISSUE!!....yea i kno there working on it....but this should have never happened!
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    got em coach!
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    even better if we can install them!! PALM FIX THE FREAKING LIMIT ISSUE!!....yea i kno there working on it....but this should have never happened!
    home brewers fixed it so you can add the app cat stuff, works well, been using it sense it came out and installed serveral apps from the app cat. with no issues.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Great! Can't install **** from the app catalog so w/e.
    Hoping to see the full paid version of Tweed today.
    I'm seriously excited about the TWIT. I know the functionality is already in drPodder but its nice to see a specific niche program like this coming to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    guys fix has been out for awhile, use fair dinkum app limit remover available as a patch in preware. works good
    Quote Originally Posted by leucus View Post
    guys fix has been out for awhile, use fair dinkum app limit remover available as a patch in preware. works good
    Fair Dinkum only fixes the the arbitrary app limit number problem, not the app partition size problem. You can still have the "No Room for Apps" error after Fair Dinkum. The fix has to come from Palm and will require a new webOS upgrade-like procedure to repair the partition issue.

You should listen to the PalmCast...Dieter kind of mumbles an explanation
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Fair Dinkum only fixes the the arbitrary app limit number problem, not the app partition size problem. You can still have the "No Room for Apps" error after Fair Dinkum. The fix has to come from Palm and will require a new webOS upgrade-like procedure to repair the partition issue.

no doubt this is an issue which should of never of had to be fixed by anyone other then palm. i am aware this is only a temporary fix, however we have around 7 pres around here family, friends and since installing patch (fair dinkum app) none of us have had any problems with app cat. apps or preware installed. i have around 80 total apps on my phone including everything i want out of the app cat. at least a temporary way of keeping ones sanity until palm correctly fixes.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post

This post explains how to re-size your /var partition so that you can install a ton more apps on it. (it still requires the fair dinkum fix though)

http://forums.precentral.net/1901300-post9.html

(it does destroy your /media partition, so back that up first)
    -mark
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    these two apps (mediafly and the twit which is based on mediafly) aren't working for me.. not giving me an 'association code' - probably hammering their servers right now with everyone trying it..

-mark
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    these two apps (mediafly and the twit which is based on mediafly) aren't working for me.. not giving me an 'association code' - probably hammering their servers right now with everyone trying it..
    I can verify that (hammered servers). They are having some connection problems right now. Give them some time, they're trying to figure it out...
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    I can verify that (hammered servers). They are having some connection problems right now. Give them some time, they're trying to figure it out...

yep. finally worked for me. -m
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    I'm not picking on Mediafly but, it just amazes me when companies launch products / campaigns that are intended to drive customers and traffic to them, only to have their servers crumble. It's a shame really.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jai20 View Post
    I'm not picking on Mediafly but, it just amazes me when companies launch products / campaigns that are intended to drive customers and traffic to them, only to have their servers crumble. It's a shame really.
    Have you ever been watching twit live and seen them mention a website? More often than not, the site will almost immediately become unresponsive. It's kinda difficult to scale for product launches, without having excess expenses after the launch.

The /. and digg effect are well known phenomenon for a reason. Maybe there are just more Pre users out there than originally thought?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    I'm seriously excited about the TWIT. I know the functionality is already in drPodder but its nice to see a specific niche program like this coming to the Pre.
    Don't feel bad...the developer of Dr. Podder is also the developer of the TWiT & Mediafly apps. (unless there are two J. Hatfields developing podcatchers for the Pre )
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Tweed 1.0 please?
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast