Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So what's the deal with this Mediafly stuff? You have to sign up with them and create an account on your PC to make it work on the Pre? Does that service cost anything? I am not familiar with it.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Great! Can't install **** from the app catalog so w/e.
    lol
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Have you ever been watching twit live and seen them mention a website? More often than not, the site will almost immediately become unresponsive. It's kinda difficult to scale for product launches, without having excess expenses after the launch.

The /. and digg effect are well known phenomenon for a reason. Maybe there are just more Pre users out there than originally thought?
    As an IT admin, I'm well aware of the difficulties. As a fan of your apps, I hope there are more Pre users out there than originally thought

Like I said, I wasn't targeting Mediafly. Obviously to them, the cost outweighed the benefits. My comment was aimed at organizations with inflexible infrastructures in general...probably because I work for one and it drives me crazy.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    So what's the deal with this Mediafly stuff? You have to sign up with them and create an account on your PC to make it work on the Pre? Does that service cost anything? I am not familiar with it.
    Its free to sign up. It allows you to manage your podcasts on your PC.
    hey what app i need for forward text mess
    Ah ok. I must have been trying it when their servers were taking a hit, because nothing showed up initially. I played with it just now, and finally stuff started showing up. The Audio stuff is working fine, most of the Video returns an error though. The one video I did get to watch downloaded horribly slow, probably another sign of poor server performance.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    and
    Yell.com.........................FREE
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    The paid version of Tweed is now listed.
    I can't purchase Tweed; I keep getting "Unknown Error PMT03010". Anyone else getting this?

Also, there's a VERY long delay when you hit the Download button.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    I can't purchase Tweed; I keep getting "Unknown Error PMT03010". Anyone else getting this?

Also, there's a VERY long delay when you hit the Download button.
    I'm getting the same error.
    Yell.com is for the UK

Twit crashed my Pre, had to remove the battery to get it going again. I watched a couple of videos that actually worked, but then on the third one it just came up with a black screen for the video player. I minimized it and flung it of the screen, Twit came back on, and froze the entire phone to the point that it was completely unresponsive.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I thought Palm was testing these apps to make sure they don't crash the phone.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    I thought Palm was testing these apps to make sure they don't crash the phone.
    I'm not positive about exactly what the problem is, but I've seen similar issues while working on video support in drPodder. Best I can figure, if there are issues on streaming videos, sometimes the video handler in WebOS will get confused and dump core. The system will then become unstable and sometimes reboot. It's not 100% predictable or reproducible, so it's entirely possible Palm never saw this issue.

I think most people would agree that the Mediafly apps aren't crashing the phone consistently, but MannyZ28's description of the video screen being black is similar to circumstances I've seen before that have led to a reboot.
    I might give them another shot, but, for the most part I won't use either program all that much. I have a Seidio 2600 battery and the matching Innocase, so when the Pre freezes up, I have to remove both plus the back cover just to take the battery out, it's just not worth it to me.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I might give them another shot, but, for the most part I won't use either program all that much. I have a Seidio 2600 battery and the matching Innocase, so when the Pre freezes up, I have to remove both plus the back cover just to take the battery out, it's just not worth it to me.
    Out of curiosity, did "ORANGE-Sym-R" reboot not work for you, or is that not a well known reboot sequence?
    Quote Originally Posted by fix4u View Post
    hey what app i need for forward text mess
    Install Preware using WebOS Quick Install, and then use Preware to install the text messaging forwarding patch (and a ton of other patches/apps/themes). Check out the Homebrew forum for instructions.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Yeah, the PMT error was fixed sometime last night, (pretty quickly, I'd say) for paid Tweed. The app is great, of course, and it looks like they've made quite a few sales already.

And that long delay when you press download? Drives me ****ing nuts.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12