Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Everyone should request that Google support the Pre on Wave. I've done it twice. Tell them that just enable the mobile site when they see a Pre with this User Agent string:

Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.2; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/525.27.1 Pre/1.0
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    anyone working on a google wave app for the pre? Just saw an article stating that the ipone now has one...

Waveboard: Google Wave client now available for iPhone
    I'm not even sure what Google Wave is but I want it for the Pre
    I'm pretty sure that if you apply the user agent patch that you will see the iphone interface for wave.
    i think we are google enough. I don't even really think desktop WAVE will have much success neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by jauderho View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if you apply the user agent patch that you will see the iphone interface for wave.
    I already use the iphone user agent (sux on wave)
    will I still be able to use the iphone user agent patch when flash is released?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvintimothyjr View Post
    will I still be able to use the iphone user agent patch when flash is released?
    yes, flash detection is not UA based.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I wouldn't even mind a basic program to notify me of new waves or wavelets (replies within a wave)-- can't be too hard if someone cooked one up as a firefox plugin:

Google Wave Add-on for Firefox at That Smith

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i think we are google enough. I don't even really think desktop WAVE will have much success neither.
    You're stuck in the 90s, man Wave is definitely a new paradigm, and it'll take time for people to realize how great it is and adopt it for more mainstream use.

I can't wait for WAVE to replace e-mail / IM / etc. Once they get things smoothed out, it'll be awesome. I already enjoy using it, but it's a bit bumpy / unreliable now and then.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    There's also an Adobe AIR app that runs on Win / Linux / Mac (though the download page says its an iPhone app).

Google Wave Desktop Client- Waver

Adobe Marketplace - Offering Detail

So if it's running on AIR... Maybe someone's working on a WebOS version?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Yeah, Wave is going to be the new thing once google subtly forces it upon us, as I am sure they will merge it into their email/chat services. It will probably fit perfectly, too.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Just got a google wave account- anyone need an invite? I need some people to "wave" with!
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Just got a google wave account- anyone need an invite? I need some people to "wave" with!
    omg I would love an invite! Sadly I'm still on the waiting list.....
    hey buyrihn could you hook me up with an invite to please
    Would love one if you have one to spare.....

Thanks
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I'd like to try it out. Sounds like it has some interesting possibilities.
    nmaturin@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildref View Post
    hey buyrihn could you hook me up with an invite to please
    OK. PM me your email.
    Quote Originally Posted by swissarmy View Post
    Would love one if you have one to spare.....

Thanks
    Consider it done- I need your email.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    I'd like to try it out. Sounds like it has some interesting possibilities.
    nmaturin@gmail.com
    Your invite has been sent!

OK, I'm all out now. But to anyone I invited- there are two caveats: 1) Google doesn't send invites instantly, but rest assured- I invited you. 2) Wave with me! I currently only have one other person to wave with, and so far, I just don't get it.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Wave with me! I currently only have one other person to wave with, and so far, I just don't get it.
    Make sure you install Google Gears... makes waves more user friendly (enables drag & drop of images, etc. into a wave).

I've been having fun with Wave now that I have a few people on there. It's just a great collaborative tool, like making lists, galleries, having threaded discussions, etc. Looking forward to embedding them in blog pages to collaborate on content, etc.
    I looked at making a client, but the Wave iPhone website is as good as I could imagine my app being for now. So I decided that it could wait until Wave had enough adoption to make sense.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    OK. PM me your email.

Consider it done- I need your email.

Your invite has been sent!

OK, I'm all out now. But to anyone I invited- there are two caveats: 1) Google doesn't send invites instantly, but rest assured- I invited you. 2) Wave with me! I currently only have one other person to wave with, and so far, I just don't get it.
    I sent you my email. Thanks

Swissarmy
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast