1.    #1  
    I seem to be having some issues with my phone.

To spare all the details, I think it's time to visit the doctor, but I haven't ever gone there before.

So 1st, about how long does it take to restore the phones OS? I've done the WebOSRepairUtility before and it seemed to take about 1-2hrs. I am actually getting ready to start that again to see if it helps, but I really want to restore the OS so I can just start from scratch.

2nd, what is the latest version? I've been looking, but it's taking too much time. I have WebOSQuickInstall 2.7 and I just downloaded the latest webOSDoctor from the repair utility. I'm guessing if I don't have the latest version, I'll just have to update the phone. Correct?

3rd, if there is a good link explaining all of this, I'd love it.

Thanks for any and all help.
    This may help. http://www.precentral.net/how-to-res...en-bricked-pre but it may be dated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Brian View Post
    So 1st, about how long does it take to restore the phones OS?
    When I did it to 1.2.0 it took about 30 - 45 minutes. That is the time from when it starts writing to the phone until it is done. Obviously you have to factor in time for loading your contacts and applications that are backed up to your profile, that may take time depending upon the speed of your network connection. I was on a reasonably fast wireless network and it took about 15 minutes for everything to make it back to my phone. Then if you want patches and homebrew, remember you have to start from scratch (another 30 - 45 minutes depending upon what you want).

I had a little bit longer because I had to update from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1.

So, over all it took me about two hours from the time I started until I had my phone back to the way I wanted it.

2nd, what is the latest version? I've been looking, but it's taking too much time. I have WebOSQuickInstall 2.7 and I just downloaded the latest webOSDoctor from the repair utility. I'm guessing if I don't have the latest version, I'll just have to update the phone. Correct?
    Correct, worst case scenario is you would have to do an OTA update to 1.2.1. Just check the version on the phone once you are done.

3rd, if there is a good link explaining all of this, I'd love it.
    The link already provided is pretty good. You can also just search the forums for webOS Doctor, there are quite a few threads discussing it.

The one thing I will say, is do not be afraid, it works very easily. The only problem you may encounter is when it tells you to connect your phone with the USB cable. Some people have reported that the Doctor does not recognize the phone if it is still operational and will not enable the next button (I did not have this problem, the Doctor recongnized mine right away). If this happens turn the phone off, hold the volume up button while plugging the usb cable into the phone.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Mine on Windows Vista took less than 20 minutes, I hit the button to start restoring my pre to factory 1.2.0, took a shower and shaved which took approximately 20 minutes, I came back downstairs and was surprised to see that it was already done. About 10 minutes after that all my contacts were back on my phone, I threw preware on using quick install and was good to go. Piece of cake!