Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    Crud.

Just checked my backup today, and it hasn't automatically backed up in several days. I already disabled/re-enabled auto backups awhile back, thinking it would solve the problem.

Has anyone else reset their backup, only to have it stop again?!

One theory I have is data connection vs wi-fi. I leave my phone on wi-fi most of the time, so I wonder if auto-backups are looking for a data connection only? Just a thought.
    GREAT theory! I usually leave WiFi on but I've had it off for a couple of days. Ironically, my last automatic backup was stamped a couple of days ago.

I just reset my backup (and I'll be leaving WiFi on now.) - Thanks!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    just checking in, but mine's working fine
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up. My last backup was 9/28/2009. Wonder what the issue is...
    Has anyone else reset their backup, only to have it stop again?!
    Yes...me.

One theory I have is data connection vs wi-fi.
    I never touch wi-fi. I do install some patches and homebrew so I'm not sure if anything there could be affecting it.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Hmmm, so my wi-fi vs. data theory is shot. Thanks for confirming Trekker.

I have patches installed too, but I think there are some virgin phones out there that are not automatically backing up.

Maybe a 1.2.1 thing?

For now I'm just going to manually check it every once in awhile.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Seems to be working again. Mine backed up last night. Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Backup working again as of Tuesday. I have no idea why...I haven't made any app or patch changes.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I have patches and tweaks and mine wasnt backed up since 9/27/09. I turned it off and erased data and then turned it on and did a reset, no I hit back up now and it is sitting at "preparing" for quite a while?? I will leave it alone to do its thing maybe assuming it has a lot of changes since i did an erase but I hope it backs up at all now.

Edit: It backed up succesfully so we shall see if it continues to do so on its own.
    Last edited by chichi; 10/22/2009 at 12:41 PM.
    My auto-backup is not working.

On the 15th, I read the article and noticed that no backup had been made since I had manually backuped up before upgrading to 1.2.1.

Now I check back and the last backup was my manual backuop from 10/15/09. I did cycle the autobackup off, restarted the Pre then went back into Backup and turned auto-backup back on and restarted the Pre.

No automatic backups here.

- Craig
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12