Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Wifi, GPS, Background Data Collection, Auto Locate off. Brightness at less than 50%. Phone has been idle for the past hour. Just checked it and it went from 100% to 74% in one hour while idle!!!! ***?!

I usually have really good battery life, this is extremely weird.
    Wow. Something has to be going on today. I literally almost made a thread about this but decided not to. I feel like something is draining my battery faster than normal. Also, I have seen it twice today on the touchstone go from green charged icon to white charging icon and back to green charged icon a few moments later. I have never seen this happen before. Oh well. Not too worried about it.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Mine's been draining more then usual today to... wierd. Oh well i'll just plug it in when I hop in the truck the next few times.
    Ironic - I have had two great battery life days in a row. (When I say "great", I mean that I haven't had to charge in the middle of the day.) The only thing that I can think of doing different is that I set the Screen Off mode to 1 minute instead of 30 seconds...which is odd.
    Oh - I happened to remember that my e-mail is not working since 1.2 - maybe THAT'S what's increasing my battery life!
    mine did that two days ago. next day it was back to normal. no change in my location (had 4-5 bars all day). so who knows
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Same thing for me yesterday. I could ALWAYS go a full day without any issue. Yesterday I ran out completely at 5pm. I had a full battery at the strt of the day. I could watch the battery percent drain by the minute without doing anything (Except checking the battery level). I did nothing different. Today Im back to normal. Weird.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    some days i get a strong signal and long battery. some days a bad signal. how does the signal strength vary so much day to day, and even hour to hour?
    This is weird. Yesterday my battery was almost completely drained in a few hours. I have had much better battery life since I installed the forced roaming. The signal is bad at my work and it was really draining my battery. But yesterday I had the forced roaming on and it dropped like a stone. It was also very hot. The only thing that was different was that I had installed the digiclock tweak and had that turned on. Could that have been a huge battery drain? Today my battery seems to be back to normal
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I had 3 tweaks installed yesterday when I had the problem. I removed the landscape Email and Smileys and kept the LED notification tweaks. Today no issues, but I dont think it was the tweaks.
    100% at 8:30am = 54% at 3:20pm with very little activity.
    This is an unusual drain for me!
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    In conclusion Pre is a moody phone
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Some people (including me) had battery drain issues with the battery percentage + icon tweak installed. I installed and uninstalled the tweak twice, with installs lasting between 12 and 36 hours. I have since given up on that patch, and my battery life is back to its most excellent post-1.2 performance.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    wow I had same issue yesterday had pre replaced monday tuesday it was ok wednesday it was 43% by noon by 5 it was 9% or less! I haven't been below 20% by 5 before even my 1st day with the phone it wasn't that low. I just figured I mush ha e been in poor areas that day but today I am @ 73% its 1:15 pm. Weird stuff! But with this new pre I do feel the cell signal isn't as good as my last! Not losing signal totaly buy getting 1-2 bars where laat one had 3-4! Am I crazy?
    Last edited by MGoerke; 10/15/2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: "swear words"
    FWIW - Wifi, GPS, Background Data Collection, Auto Locate off, Brightness/unlinked (screen 1% & keyboard 100%), 3 email accounts set to receive as arrived with moderate usage being a few minutes of WiFi and web browsing, halfdozen texts and four 2-3 minutes phone calls and frequent email reading. My pre will last about 24-30 hours drained from 100% to about 10%. I use the Seidio Innocell 1350 Extended Battery for Palm Pre (same physical size as standard battery).
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    My battery life has improved since the 1.2 update, but still not great. I still have to charge my battery multiple times a day, even with moderate use. In 2 hours, I usually lose at least 10-20%. At this rate, on a regular work day, my phone will be dead by the time I go home unless I charge it periodically.
    Right after 1.2, I noticed that the battery life improved. I was last an entire day of usage and still having some left by the time I went to sleep. But recently the battery has been draining unlike before. I have always done the battery saving tips and it never drained this way and the usage is still the same. I have a sense that there is something going on recently, with so many people noticing the same type of drain in the last few days.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Kady View Post
    My battery life has improved since the 1.2 update, but still not great. I still have to charge my battery multiple times a day, even with moderate use. In 2 hours, I usually lose at least 10-20%. At this rate, on a regular work day, my phone will be dead by the time I go home unless I charge it periodically.
    i found it best to take the touchstone to work and get a regular wall charger for home. i just let it charge all day and watch it for when i get calls/emails/txts while i work.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    i found it best to take the touchstone to work and get a regular wall charger for home. i just let it charge all day and watch it for when i get calls/emails/txts while i work.
    The company I work for specializes in chargers, so I have one at work. It helps A LOT to have it. I always get freaked out when i see my battery get down to 60% or less. It's probably just in my head, but the battery seems to die faster after hitting 50%.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    It's probably just in my head, but the battery seems to die faster after hitting 50%.
    I've noticed that too, I don't think it's in your head.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast