Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Usually I leave the office around 5pm with 80% of battery capacity left, but today (without change of usage patterns) it was down to 64% at 4pm, so I plugged Pre in to give it some more juice just in case.
    I suspect e-mail app going bananas: my Hotmail is set up to synch once a day, but I got notifications about something new in Hotmail inbox three times already!
    my outlook keeps spinning.. not loading any new emails.. i've reloaded the account.. and it worked for like 2 emails and continues to spin.. makes phone hot and kills battery.

i've removed and re-added.. it's eas and i've even restarted the exchange server, lol
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I noticed significant increase in battery drain today too.

Usually when I notice increased drain and a slight warmth to the Pre, it means a WebOS update is being downloaded in the background. Not the answer for today though.
    more info...

Running the 'cpu scaling script' below on startup
    Seidio 1350 mAh battery
    Data on
    WiFi off
    (3) mail accounts (2 EAS and 1 IMAP) set to get mail 'as items arrive'
    running 'Brightness Unlinked' app in dashboard 24/7 (display brightness 1 & keyboard brightness 100)
    Bluetooth off
    screen time-out set to 30 seconds
    32 various patches installed
    20 various packages

On an average work day I get somewhere between 2.7% to 3.25% drain per hour. This is light to normal usage. I receive send 2-10 text messages, make 2-3 short few minutes phone calls, experiment for a few sporadic moments checking a few web sites or google/wiki searches, check for new apps or patches or updates et ctera. No long dedicated multimedia moments. If needed my phone can last me 24-33 hours fairly easily on a single 100% charge. This suits my needs.

On an average day i am at work from 9am-6pm at my desk with my phone plugged into a USB port on my computer. Typically I go home after work and plug my phone into USB charger on my laptop. The only time I worry about battery is on weekends when i may spend 12 hours or more away from home (24 if i am lucky ;p). If i know i am going to be away longer, i bring a spare charged battery or charger.

Below is the cpu scaling script that helps reduce the cpu speed as needed and reduces power consuption.

start on stopped finish
    stop on runlevel [!2]

console none

echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo 600000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    echo 250000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo 11 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold
    echo 1000000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate

end script
    When I first got the Pre (over a month ago), I couldn't stop complaining about the battery life. Now.. maybe because of the updates, change in usage habits, and change in settings, I think it's pretty darn good. 7 hours off the charger, and at 81%. Fairly light usage today... just a few emails and some web browsing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12