Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Ok so I have done some research and I am still in need of help. When trying to download an app from the official app catalog I get the "Sorry, Not Enough Memory" error that most users have been getting. I then found out that i had to check my VAR which I did via the terminal app and I am above the 60% threshold and am about at 87% I then found that the only way to bypass my issue is to use one of two programs which I can not find?? I have fairdinkum but in this case it will not help my situation at all since I am over the threshold.. is there anyway I can get some helo here or a step by step? I have little knowledge and do not want to have to go into manual coding etc etc. I just started hombrewnig and patching and that scares me a lot.. please help anywone???
    why wont fair dinkum work? I was way over my threshold and it worked for me.
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    why wont fair dinkum work? I was way over my threshold and it worked for me.
    It has something to do with being over the limit for the allocated size in you /VAR which is about 60% and I am already at 87%

Dont quote me on this but I think if you are at that limit you can still install homebrew apps with preware if you have fairdinkum but anything from the official app catalog needs to have a certain amount of free space from what ive read.

but i need the solution to that in an easy step by step manner. I dont want to have to enter source coding cus id be way in over my head. if it isnt a click and patch im not doing it...
    My wife's pre is having a similar problem. She could not download any app from the app catalog, and I installed Fair dinkum and that worked for a while, but today she got the message saying not enough memory while installed preware apps. I am interested what people have to say in this thread.
    I would start deleting catalog apps with the [shift+tap], get below the thresh, load fair dinkum, then reload apps. Will that work?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderfry View Post
    I would start deleting catalog apps with the [shift+tap], get below the thresh, load fair dinkum, then reload apps. Will that work?
    Sounds good but i've read threads where people have removed apps which in theory should put them below the 60% limit threshold only to not be able to download apps still getting that error message but I my problem isnt that I cant download homebrews and patches cus that works fine. Its just the darn app catalog which i rarely visit thanks to the great guys who make homebrewing and patching possible. But I really want to test motion apps "Classic" since it is available for a 7 day trial b4 I pay for it since I heard its pretty expensive like 30 bucks expensive i believe but again dont quote me.
    Last edited by chichi; 10/15/2009 at 03:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Here is where I got my info which has me at a dead end

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...gh-memory.html
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I deleted four apps that I never use.. and still the same issue!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    just use the "real" app catalog that still works - Preware
    my wife's phone has the fair dinkum installed and she gets the not enough error while trying to install preware apps now.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Someone needs to come help people in this thread! I do my best to help whenever i can with my very little amount of posts..

and as far as the "real" app catalog I use preware all the time but a trial period for "classic" which is only in the offic app catalog, is worth trying b4 buying @ 30 dollars.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I am in the same boat. I have done the mvapp, fair dinkum, etc. I remove apps, and still get the message. It's like some flag was set that can not be removed. Help!
    I am not sure if fair dinkum solved her problem. Her Pre was right out of the box and she was installed with the app catalog and then got the error. I had to pry it out of her hands and then I installed fair dinkum, file coaster, and preware at the same time. She was then able to download more apps from the app catalog and homebrew apps, but now she is getting the error with homebrew apps. I am not sure about the app catalog b/c there isn't an app she wants to download.

I have fair dinkum installed on my pre and I have not had the error yet, but I don't think I have enough apps.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    I am in the same boat. I have done the mvapp, fair dinkum, etc. I remove apps, and still get the message. It's like some flag was set that can not be removed. Help!
    Can you explain how you found the mvapp and what you did? I linked a post referencing it but can seem to find the actually program and help for it that nor meta-doctor.
    I'm wondering if this error is a bug in the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    It installed fine and seemed to work at first, but now I am back to getting the not enough memory error. I un-installed and re-installed....it didn't help.
    Just another post with the same problem. No matter how many apps I delete, cannot download from app catalog. While most things I want I can get from preware, I need the Classic update and want weather channel.

Fair Dinkum no help.
    Sorry to busy to totally read all your posts and reply, so you get just a reply as it is usually more helpful.

Install the Terminal App
    Type (in terminal app): df
    look for the line: /dev/mappper/store-var
    (it will have a bunch of ####) and then on the second line below it there will be the %, look at the number before the percent, if the number is less than 102000 then even with Fair Dinkum you cant install more until you delete and might have to reboot to get that number back up. Here is what my line looks like (except it is on one line, in bold is the number you are looking for):

/dev/mappper/store-var 253920 145420 108500 57% /var

108500 > 102000 so I can install more apps. This meaning basically you reached the 256mb partition limit and there is not much you can do about it without getting your hands dirty and repartitioning the drive. Palm supposely is working on the fix and will be out with WebOS 1.3 in November?!?
    I'm also full. I added up all the apps I installed and only got 24.4 MB. Anyone know how much space the sprint apps take?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast