Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    How safe is the mvapp method described in option one? I dont understan scripting and linux well so when its time for a palm update and I run epr and remove VK will all be well for me to update with no problems?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    How safe is the mvapp method described in option one? I dont understan scripting and linux well so when its time for a palm update and I run epr and remove VK will all be well for me to update with no problems?
    answer to my own question from the wiki page:
    Precautions
    So far, no one has reported an app that has issues due to linking. These are best practices to avoid issues.

- Be selective about what you move. You may not want to move apps that store important information to you such as password lockers, memo apps, EverNote, Agenda, etc. Games, web content apps and information viewing apps should be safer to move as there is no data at risk.

- If Palm releases a new webOS that resolves the overall issue, you may need to completely restore your apps back to /var before performing the upgrade - mvapp restoreall. If the webOS update is applied before you get a chance to restore, it's possible it could break this method, which is why I do not recommend moving apps that store important information.

- This is a workaround script not approved by Palm. The usual disclaimers apply.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    The only thing I dont get is if I used mvapp and terminal to do an "mvapp list" command to see the apps installed with the largest file size and I delete it, I still cant download and app from the catalog that is much smaller then the deleted app due to the fact I am over my var limit? Palm needs to five this asap. Im going to try and move some apps using mvapp and terminal but am still not so sure on how to do this.. I see the commands to do so but am weary of scripting. Thanks for all that helped.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I followed the mvapp instructions form the wiki page and still get the error?? I moved enough apps so that I have 24.9MB just as stated on the wiki page and still get the sorry not enough memory error message when I try to download from the offic app catalog. when I run a 'df' in the terminal app now my var is still @ about 74% and I don't enough free block in MB? Can anyone please help me?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Ok so I removed 'fairdinkum' and did a luna restart, I then went to the app catalog and viola I was able to download "Classic" whoo hoo! now my question is should I re-install fairdinkum back to my phone? also should I move all apps back to the /var from the /media location?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    thanks chichi...I did the same (removed the fairdinkum)...and I can not install from the app catalog. I'll have to do more research on why that caused the block.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    thanks chichi...I did the same (removed the fairdinkum)...and I can not install from the app catalog. I'll have to do more research on why that caused the block.
    you "can" or "can not" install from the app catalog once you removed faridinkum? just want to be clear...
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Ok, I have resolved this issue. I had the old version of mvapp. This just showed me the total virtual size and allowed me to move apps over. I since updated to the preware version and found the additional featurs of doctor (diagnose). This showed that it was my email with attachments that was causing the limit to be reached. I am all set now.

Thank you to everyone at webos-internals for all the work. You make using the phone a joy, even if it involves a journey.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12