Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo_ View Post
    Only if you have that option turned on... your's might be set to only update manually.

If you are already using ver 3, it will not show it as an available patch... Use preware to check the versions of the patches you are currently using. That might not be why you don't see it, but it's worth a check.

BTW 4x4 ver 3 is definitely my favorite too!
    How do I update the repository manually? Mine appears to have not updated because I do not see v3.
    I don't find it cramped at all -- I think it's pretty much as close as you can get to the spaciousness of the original layout while still making it 4x4.

Just picked up 4x4 ver3...damn, now I can delete some of my launcher pages!
    Thanks!!
    i like ver2 the best i think. the icons matched the launcher icons nicely, now they are gigantic
    I prefer the 5x4 version1, thats what I've been using and its hard to go to 4x4 now.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    People using Version 3 of the 4X4 patch, can you tell me if the little "l" on the bottom right and left are appearing properly when flipping between app pages.

I notcied that when I flip all the way to the right of my app pages, then flip one to the left, the first little "l" doesn't show, but the second "l" shows when I flip again to the left. So the second little "l" shows as if it is the first one. When I flip left again, it shows two "l"'s.

It seems, to me, that the app pages are "zoomed" in (for lack of a better term) a little bit and chop off a small portion of the app pages on the right, as the little "l"'s appear correctly if I flip all the way to the left.

Have not removed/reinstalled the patch yet, just wanted to check with everyone first.

Thanks in advacne!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Best Version IMO. Gratis !
    I prefer the 5x4, v2. The icons in 4x4 v3 are too big, it feels like. The 5x4 v3 gives me the icon size of the 4x4 v2, with 5 icons per row. V1 was too tiny. v2 is just right for me.
    Outstanding work on ver. 3! Much easier on these old bad eyes...
    Where did the Facebook app come from?
    on the ver 3 the pixel margin on the right side is messing with the display of the current page indicator.
    Yeah page indicator on the right is a little messed up. Won't show one of my pages.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I'm just glad version 2 is still up as an option, I love the look of it!
    Go Blue!

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by idiuidie View Post
    People using Version 3 of the 4X4 patch, can you tell me if the little "l" on the bottom right and left are appearing properly when flipping between app pages.

I notcied that when I flip all the way to the right of my app pages, then flip one to the left, the first little "l" doesn't show, but the second "l" shows when I flip again to the left. So the second little "l" shows as if it is the first one. When I flip left again, it shows two "l"'s.

It seems, to me, that the app pages are "zoomed" in (for lack of a better term) a little bit and chop off a small portion of the app pages on the right, as the little "l"'s appear correctly if I flip all the way to the left.

Have not removed/reinstalled the patch yet, just wanted to check with everyone first.

Thanks in advacne!
    Yeah, seems to be cut off as well. This is the best 4x4 by far so I hope this is fixed!
    Hey guys thanks for all the encouraging words. I fixed the page indicator problem but waiting on dBsooner to push it through to the Preware feed. He was nice enough to do so the first time.

The updated diff file for launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $is$ $included$ $in$ $this$ $thread$.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...cons-text.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    Where did the Facebook app come from?
    It's just a bookmark to the mobile site with a custom icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    i like ver2 the best i think. the icons matched the launcher icons nicely, now they are gigantic
    My point exactly
    I tried out 4x4 v3 this morning. It looked great, but I kept opening up programs accidentally when I was trying to change pages... so I'm back to v2. I find the bit of blank space at the bottom in v2 helpful in that respect.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    i patched my phone with several patches... then i downloaded the "quick system task APP... i noticed that my signal going on and off... on and off... i deleted the quick system task but it ddnt solved the problem so i cleaned up my pre (reset) then when i finished, i connEcted it again and try to see in the webOS quick install, the patches are gone but they're still in my phone, working!... now i cant remove the patches!! PLEASE HELP! DONT WANT TO USE THE WEBOS DOCTER AGAIN COZ I HVE ALOT OF FILE ALREADY AND IT TAKES TIME,,,, AND IF I USE THE WEBOS DR. WILL IT SOLVE MY PROBLEM???
    Hey all,
    I seem to be the only one having this issue, haven't seen it in an other threads.
    I cannot install certain patches i.e. 4X4 icon patch, I recieve the following message...

Error: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 10.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 89.
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 382 (offset 58 lines).
    Hunk #4 FAILED at 497.
    3 out of 4 hunks FAILED – saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 116 (offset – 5 lines).
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4X4-icons-v3 from root…
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4X4-icons-v3.prerm)

I am running the latest version of WebOS QI but am running the older 1.1.0 OS on my Pre. Do I need to update to 1.2.1?, I really hate the EAS security sreen lock feature. Do I need to root my pre? Any thoughts? Thanks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast