1.    #1  
    I have been unsuccessful in changing the text notification sound. That's all I want to do. Is there an easy way to do this?
    easy as easy nop... but if you read some threads im sure u can do it .
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-7-beyond.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    +1 ...i forget about this easy app.. ma bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
    I have been unsuccessful in changing the text notification sound. That's all I want to do. Is there an easy way to do this?
    Yep. Believe it or not, you have to learn how to hack ur phone to do something that should be the simplest thing. Welcome to the Pre.
    Sorry. Unless you want to hack your phone, you have no options. Welcome to Palm's world. Just wait til you realize your Pre doesn't have one feature that you can't find on just about any other phone. In fact, there's not one single feature on the PrPrPr&#$275$; $that$ $sets$ $it$ $apart$, $instead$ $it$ $only$ $lacks$ $basic$ $functionality$.

But don't worry, four months after its release... And we're still waiting for basic fixes to be added to the PrPrPr&#$275$;. $They$'$ll$ $be$ $here$ $ay$ $day$ $now$.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    Sorry. Unless you want to hack your phone, you have no options. Welcome to Palm's world. Just wait til you realize your Pre doesn't have one feature that you can't find on just about any other phone. In fact, there's not one single feature on the PrPrPr&#$275$; $that$ $sets$ $it$ $apart$, $instead$ $it$ $only$ $lacks$ $basic$ $functionality$.

But don't worry, four months after its release... And we're still waiting for basic fixes to be added to the PrPrPr&#$275$;. $They$'$ll$ $be$ $here$ $ay$ $day$ $now$.

Sad but true
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
    If you don't mind patching your Pre, you can use the SMS Tone Per Contact patch.

Or, you can use the (IMHO, great) homebrew app - TXT Manager -
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/txt-manager

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    easy as easy nop... but if you read some threads im sure u can do it .
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-7-beyond.html
    Thanks but I tried that and I can install everything but the novacom. For some reason I can't download novacom. Does anyone know how to do that?

I agree that Palm needs to make most of the homebrew patch functionality default in WebOS, but damn believing "there's not one single feature on the Pre that sets it apart" must require an incredible amount of cognitive dissonance if you actually own the device.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

The iPhone is almost the same way. You can change the tone, but only use the ones that are native (unless you jailbreak it of course). The annoying part about that is that there were only like 10 to choose from and almost everyone at my office had an iPhone, so almost everyone had the same damn notification tone. It used to irritate the crap out of me, lol.

So when I got rid of my iPhone for the Pre and discovered that you couldn't change the tones AT ALL I couldn't believe it! On top of that, the default notification tone on the Pre sucks! Thank goodness for the My Notifications app because without it, I wouldn't be able to hear my text/email notifications half the time!
    I have set personalized audio files adding contacts to the TXT Manager main screen, and also set a personalized text for "saved contacts", what happens is that the sound of saved contacts has precedence over the sound of each contact, while I think it should be the other way round really, or shouldn't it?
    I've tried My Notification App & Select Alert/Notification Patch, A still can't contol as I'd like. Alert seems to be just for calendar; notification seems to be universal for SMS, Email, charging, and other system sounds. What I'd like is one sound for all SMS (not by contact) diff sound for email, and diff for system like charging, etc. Is there a Homebrew app or patch that will allow that level of granularity?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford