Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    i messed up my pre. now the top right power button doesnt work so i cant even shut my screen off. which isnt that big of a deal but the screen goes crazy sometimes and blinks on and off and the turn off or put in airplane mode screen always pops up like im holding the power button down but never even touched it i never put insurance on it out of stupidity and i was rushing so now i cant get a new one so i was thinking about buying another one...then i thought at one time i heard or thought i read that they will be coming out with an updated version like pre 1.2 or something. im not talking about the regular updates to jus update the pre yu alreade have i mean an actual new version of the pre. ive tried googling it and everything for days. im tired of pulling up useless info i just wanna kno if anybody else knos anything
    You messed it up physically? Or just the software? If the latter we might be able to help you. You do have a 1 year hardware warranty from PALM as well. (877) 426-3777

There is no new version of the Pre coming out any time soon. The next webOS device is the Pixi and it will be out sometime late fall.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    i believe i messed up the hardware, but im not sure. i got it a little wet but it wasnt that much so i just wiped it off and didn worry about it. then it started not working and the screen messes up alot. it seems like it all has to do with the power button. so i could just call that number and get a new one or what? how does that work?
    Quote Originally Posted by em7021 View Post
    so i could just call that number and get a new one or what? how does that work?
    Well yes...but that's only if we are talking about a manufacturing defect. Sounds like you damaged the phone so that's not going to work for you.

Your best option would be to go to a corporate Sprint store and see if they can do something for you. Sometimes they can use acetone or something to work some magic in water damage cases.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Have you tried putting the phone in a bag of uncooked white rice to absorb the water? There is probably still some water in there and that is what is more than likely causing your issues.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by em7021 View Post
    i believe i messed up the hardware, but im not sure. i got it a little wet but it wasnt that much so i just wiped it off and didn worry about it. then it started not working and the screen messes up alot. it seems like it all has to do with the power button. so i could just call that number and get a new one or what? how does that work?
    There is no such thing as "a little wet". Either you got it wet, which will cost you five hundred bucks; or you didn't, which will let you get it replaced/repaired under warranty. Te only way to tell is take it to the store and let their techs check the moisture indicator.

You could check it yourself if you know where it is. Usually it's somewhere under the battery cover, but I don't know where or what it looks like on the Pre.
    There's been a couple of vague rumors, but since they're already working on releasing a second WebOS phone (Pixi) and that's not even out yet, I wouldn't hold my breath. I think at best they might offer one with more memory, but that wouldn't be enough to make me wait if I needed a new phone.