1.    #1  
    hi all,

i would like to use only wifi in my Pre, donīt want to use at all the gprs feature cause my carrier is like hell when the bills are at home; is there a way to do that? just need wifi.
    Yep...put the phone in Airplane mode and then turn on the WiFi. This will allow you to use data only from your home network.

Or you could turn off your cellular data by going into your preferences from the dialer application. This would force the phone to use the WiFi.

All this said....when you set the phone to use your WiFi network it will use it over the cellular data until it can't find the WiFi network....so you should be safe regardless what you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Yep...put the phone in Airplane mode and then turn on the WiFi. This will allow you to use data only from your home network.
    Seems so simple but I never thought of that... Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post

Or you could turn off your cellular data by going into your preferences from the dialer application. This would force the phone to use the WiFi.

All this said....when you set the phone to use your WiFi network it will use it over the cellular data until it can't find the WiFi network....so you should be safe regardless what you do.
    thanks so much,

already done the plane mode and the wif activated but at the same time need to receive calls;

as you said that: "when you set the phone to use your WiFi network it will use it over the cellular data until it can't find the WiFi network"

you mean that if i activate wifi at home (my wifi network), the internet data received/sent into my phone is provided by my own wifi; and if i turn off it will use gprs data right?

the action that i need is to deactivate any internet connection by gprs (carrier service provided) and have my phone on, and when needed anything from the internet can to activate it. Same thing with wifi but in this case i know how to do that.

thanks for the help
    To deactivate cellular data (GPRS - you must be in the EU?) go to the dialer application and click the upper left hand corner (might say O2). Select preferences, scroll down to Data Usage and turn it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebosMan View Post
    you mean that if i activate wifi at home (my wifi network), the internet data received/sent into my phone is provided by my own wifi; and if i turn off it will use gprs data right?
    yes
    Also...might want to read this...possible that things work differantly for you?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ded-today.html
  8.    #8  
    ok, thanks so much going to that links.

p.s. iīm in spain