1.    #1  
    I would've thought someone would have come up with this by now, but a search for things like "shell" and "icon" and "launcher" have turned up zilch. Is there a way to create an icon on my rooted Pre to access the shell, or has someone made a terminal-type app for the Pre?

Failing that, what about an SSH client? I have OpenSSH installed via optware, but that doesn't do me any good when it's not attached to my laptop.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Jones View Post
    I would've thought someone would have come up with this by now, but a search for things like "shell" and "icon" and "launcher" have turned up zilch. Is there a way to create an icon on my rooted Pre to access the shell, or has someone made a terminal-type app for the Pre?

Failing that, what about an SSH client? I have OpenSSH installed via optware, but that doesn't do me any good when it's not attached to my laptop.
    Application:Terminal - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-9 View Post
    Available through Preware.

OpenSSH is only used for connection between two devices. Are you suggesting the ability to connect to your laptop via SSH and access files on the laptop through your Pre? If you want to access the internals of the Pre ON the Pre, then a terminal program should work since it's all local. Why deal with SSH?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    If you have OpenSSH installed you can access your Pre via Putty using MyTether in WiFi mode. Or if you have your Pre and Laptop on the same wireless network simply use Putty to access it. Use MyIP (HomeBrew App) to get the IP of your Pre and configure Putty to use this IP with port 222.

You can also use an sftp client like WS_FTP Pro to browse the files on your Pre via WiFi. See http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Setup_SFTP