Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadsoul View Post
    what about if we take the device and flash it with sprint software, bypass the activation do the palm profile, and then flash it back with the o2 software would that work?
    oh and dakis can you please check this link out and see if you can download the webos doctor?
    http://forums.precentral.net/worldwi...untries-2.html
    https://ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/...47&cc=de&lc=de
    that would be great thanks
    I can download it - but what does it do? Please excuse my ignorance but I'm new to WebOS
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I guess it's:
    - APN
    - Username
    - password
    - DNS
    - smtp
    - and maybe some additional MMS settings? I don't know
    My Danish cellphone has the following for Internet Settings:

• Access name (proberly the same as APN?)
    • Auth type (None, Normal or Secure)
    • User ID
    • Password
    • Protocol (HTTP or WAP)
    • Proxy address (IP address)
    • Port (Integer)
    • Linger time (sec.)
    • Advanced Settings
      • Static IP (Bit)
        • Local phone IP (IP address)
      • Static DNS (Bit)
        • Server 1 (IP address)
        • Server 2 (IP address)
      • Traffic class (Subscribed, Conversation, Streaming, Interactive or Background)

Perhaps this can help?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    idea: use auto-replace to create words with special characters.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dakis View Post
    I can download it - but what does it do? Please excuse my ignorance but I'm new to WebOS
    what it does is basically - as far as i know - its a utility that we flash the operating system of your pre back to its original factory settings, so in case it got bricked or something its a recovery tool.
    but what it does also is give developers tools to do patches and stuff and know more about the webos
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Bad news for me, my Treo 650 has started to play up and I was hoping to buy a german Pre but I guess not. Suddenly the wait until a release in the rest of Europe seems very long.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadsoul View Post
    what it does is basically - as far as i know - its a utility that we flash the operating system of your pre back to its original factory settings, so in case it got bricked or something its a recovery tool.
    but what it does also is give developers tools to do patches and stuff and know more about the webos
    ok, then I guess it probably won't do me any good - I'd have no idea what to do with it. And resetting it to factory settings is the last thing I'd wanna do as that would require me to reactivate it :-(
  7.    #27  
    So:
    Does anyone think they kan make GPRS work in other country's? Or do i have to wait on Palm and O2?

There must be someone with coding experience on the Pre here..
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdp View Post
    So:
    Does anyone think they kan make GPRS work in other country's? Or do i have to wait on Palm and O2?

There must be someone with coding experience on the Pre here..
    I just tried the Palm Pre with a SIM card from Orange Switzerland - and it works! Apparently it does support some foreign networks out of the box.
    I just read of an other guy who also got it to work with a Swiss Orange SIM card
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dakis View Post
    I just tried the Palm Pre with a SIM card from Orange Switzerland - and it works! Apparently it does support some foreign networks out of the box.
    I just read of an other guy who also got it to work with a Swiss Orange SIM card
    Lets hope so or perhaps its just that germany and switzerland got a pretty close connection (language wise and geographical) so o2 included the swiss operators too.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Lets hope so or perhaps its just that germany and switzerland got a pretty close connection (language wise and geographical) so o2 included the swiss operators too.
    Yes, but Swisscom is the largest operator in Switzerland and it's not supported. I suspect they just included some larger European providers (like Orange)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12