Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    The fact that I didn't find anything using "unlock" as a key search tells me either that's impossible or simply no one's interested, have someone ever tried unlocking a Palm Pre? Do these services work or are just scamming people? Phone Unlock & Mobile Unlocking Codes - ThePhoneUnlockers.com
  2. #2  
    The GSM Pres are not locked and can be used with any SIM.
    Data connections are a different thing as it seems like only a few carrier profiles are availbale on the stock Pres. Hopefully someone will find a way to manually edit carrier settings.
  3.    #3  
    My English is poor, I don't get the answer in that. Briefly, tomorrow the Palm Pre GSM will be available in the UK for O2 customers, will I be able to unlock it and use other carriers or not? Thanks
  4. #4  
    no,not until some one programs the palm pre to use other carriers
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5. #5  
    Hi

    Just to let you i could not stay away and not buy Palm Pre. The specs are great and it runs rings around my iphone 3GS. The True multitasking is Great.

    I am on Orange and already under contract and Purchased one that is locked on to UK 02. The method i use to unlock the Palm Pre requires cutting of the network sim and using a sim underlay technology called Rebel Simcard.

    After looking around and finding no solution to unlock it i was tempted to try the Rebel simcard II at a mere 18.99 including shipping as i had already spent 435 on the phone which at this stage was no good to me as i could not use my favourite and most popular simcard.

    Took 2 days to arrive and i just cut my network sim and popped it and was up and running within seconds. 4 day have passed and everything is working perfect and i have not lost no warranty.

    Great product and well worth the money.

    Happy Palm Pre USER and not just Owner
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre_user View Post
    Hi

    Just to let you i could not stay away and not buy Palm Pre. The specs are great and it runs rings around my iphone 3GS. The True multitasking is Great.

    I am on Orange and already under contract and Purchased one that is locked on to UK 02. The method i use to unlock the Palm Pre requires cutting of the network sim and using a sim underlay technology called Rebel Simcard.

    After looking around and finding no solution to unlock it i was tempted to try the Rebel simcard II at a mere 18.99 including shipping as i had already spent 435 on the phone which at this stage was no good to me as i could not use my favourite and most popular simcard.

    Took 2 days to arrive and i just cut my network sim and popped it and was up and running within seconds. 4 day have passed and everything is working perfect and i have not lost no warranty.

    Great product and well worth the money.

    Happy Palm Pre USER and not just Owner



    wow you did it? now can u do that in the USA? From what i read, it wouldnt be possible
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    wow you did it? now can u do that in the USA? From what i read, it wouldnt be possible
    Search these forums for "TurboSIM in GSM Pre"
  8. widezu69's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre_user View Post
    Hi

    Just to let you i could not stay away and not buy Palm Pre. The specs are great and it runs rings around my iphone 3GS. The True multitasking is Great.

    I am on Orange and already under contract and Purchased one that is locked on to UK 02. The method i use to unlock the Palm Pre requires cutting of the network sim and using a sim underlay technology called Rebel Simcard.

    After looking around and finding no solution to unlock it i was tempted to try the Rebel simcard II at a mere 18.99 including shipping as i had already spent 435 on the phone which at this stage was no good to me as i could not use my favourite and most popular simcard.

    Took 2 days to arrive and i just cut my network sim and popped it and was up and running within seconds. 4 day have passed and everything is working perfect and i have not lost no warranty.

    Great product and well worth the money.

    Happy Palm Pre USER and not just Owner
    What about APN settings for internet and data 3G etc...were they automatic, do you get the 3G and internet? I realise that you can't change APN settings on the pre thats why I ask...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by widezu69 View Post
    What about APN settings for internet and data 3G etc...were they automatic, do you get the 3G and internet? I realise that you can't change APN settings on the pre thats why I ask...
    It was all automatic for me - Just picked up T-Mobile and connected to 3g after about 20 seconds of trying. Been fine and instant ever since.
  10. center15's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Jens View Post
    The GSM Pres are not locked and can be used with any SIM.
    Data connections are a different thing as it seems like only a few carrier profiles are availbale on the stock Pres. Hopefully someone will find a way to manually edit carrier settings.
    This is false, only the German GSM Pre for 480 is unlocked. All the rest are locked.
    come check out my site @ http:www.willdeasy.com
  11. #11  
    good morning,
    iwant to now if i buy the unlocked o2 palm pre and work with other sim in diferent country i will can download all the aplications from wifi ?
    thanks
  12. #12  
    sory to my english...
  13. gidimba's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #13  
    Hi,
    I got my Palm PRE O2 UK device and it is locked to O2 Only.
    I now have the screen for entering the Palm Profile but cannot do anything because there is no network as the SIM is locked.

    I remember in the past with the Sprint device there was a post about adding te wifi to the small phone menu in the bottom but cannot fins the post now.

    aslo I will need to unlock the device.
    I know there was not much postend on success but if you can unlock a movistar device then you can unlock any device.
    has anyone here succeeded to unlock a device?
  14. #14  
    I can confirm that the O2 locked Pres work perfectly on other networks with the Rebel Sim card II.

    I went from O2 to Vodafone without a hitch.

    A
    | Nullius in Verba|Treo 650 -> Treo 750V -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> Pre Plus |
  15. gidimba's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #15  
    I got thr Rebel SIM card.
    when using it I get an R sign next to the antenna bars which tells me the device is in Roaming mode.
    it asks if I want to continue the proccess of signing to a profile and I agree but it doesnt connect t the network.
    it doesnt even try.
    I found all the info about how to add the Wifi to the Sprint ROM and tried implementing on the GSM ROM but after updating the device it gets stuck on the PALM logo so I flashed the original ROm back.
    any idea as to why the Rebel SIM doesnt work?
  16. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidimba View Post
    I got thr Rebel SIM card.
    when using it I get an R sign next to the antenna bars which tells me the device is in Roaming mode.
    it asks if I want to continue the proccess of signing to a profile and I agree but it doesnt connect t the network.
    it doesnt even try.
    I found all the info about how to add the Wifi to the Sprint ROM and tried implementing on the GSM ROM but after updating the device it gets stuck on the PALM logo so I flashed the original ROm back.
    any idea as to why the Rebel SIM doesnt work?
    I'm assuming you've tried these two things??

    1] Are you clearing the network keys by putting the SIM in another phone and selecting another network to the one that you wish to use on the Pre? i.e. if you want to use your Pre on Orange, then select T-Mobile to clear the keys.

    2] In the RSC menu, select mode 1.

Posting Permissions